Add Matrix Editor

hello,

in a world of steadily increasing lighting set ups, especially in the led section, there is a strong need to matrix control. today a fixture often is nothing more but a pixel!

is there any development going on?

regards

henning
Parents
  • [quote=ahelgor]This should prob be in the Catalyst forum, but.
    I've sometimes wanted to see a function like "bypassing" the mediaserver.. think that a mediaserver had an extra dmx input(other than the control dmx that we use to control the mediaserver) that could be routed to the dmx output from the mediaserver(led wall) then you could add the "old fashion" way of controling a led array to your desk, and have it connected to that new dmx input on the mediaserver.. so if you wanted to take the desk and make a effect over the ledwall, you could just "bypass" the mediaserver, and use the dmx from the desk to control it..

I use the Luminex ArtNet boxes to achieve this. They support full IP merging which can be assigned to any or all of the dmx output channels and universes.

I set up the media server in the usual way to output up to 7 universes per box, then use the 8th universe as a dmx input direct from the Hog 3 with its universe IP address merged onto all 7 outputs, selecting either whichever group of output channels I wish this to apply to, or the whole universe.

In this way you can control the inbuilt effects of say a Pixelline whilst the media server number crunches the individual cells, or combine media based and desk based rgb programming styles. This overcomes the problem I have when I need a specific state and know it’s faster to program conventionally than it is to find a video source which matches the effect that I require.

I have been using this setup for years now and it works perfectly.

Ross
  • [quote=ahelgor]This should prob be in the Catalyst forum, but.
    I've sometimes wanted to see a function like "bypassing" the mediaserver.. think that a mediaserver had an extra dmx input(other than the control dmx that we use to control the mediaserver) that could be routed to the dmx output from the mediaserver(led wall) then you could add the "old fashion" way of controling a led array to your desk, and have it connected to that new dmx input on the mediaserver.. so if you wanted to take the desk and make a effect over the ledwall, you could just "bypass" the mediaserver, and use the dmx from the desk to control it..

I use the Luminex ArtNet boxes to achieve this. They support full IP merging which can be assigned to any or all of the dmx output channels and universes.

I set up the media server in the usual way to output up to 7 universes per box, then use the 8th universe as a dmx input direct from the Hog 3 with its universe IP address merged onto all 7 outputs, selecting either whichever group of output channels I wish this to apply to, or the whole universe.

In this way you can control the inbuilt effects of say a Pixelline whilst the media server number crunches the individual cells, or combine media based and desk based rgb programming styles. This overcomes the problem I have when I need a specific state and know it’s faster to program conventionally than it is to find a video source which matches the effect that I require.

I have been using this setup for years now and it works perfectly.

Ross
Children
No Data
Related