Controlling the Hog III with Crestron

I was wondering if anyone has experience controlling the Hog III with a control system like Crestron. I know that Crestron makes a MIDI expansion card for its processors, but a MIDI cable run is not always feasable.

Will the Hog III accept MIDI over ethernet without the MIDI/Timecode processor? Are there such thing as an ethernet to MIDI adapter?

Thanks!
Parents
  • Hi Tom,

up to now I have not been able to do some on-site testing on this, I just know the unit is capable of doing this (this is also the way how the guys send WYSIWYG Autofocus commands to the console, which I have used before) and have done this a few times in the prepro-studio.
    We at bright! preproductions have 4 of the "big" LanNode4 Units, and I think I might try it pretty soon. Also, sending MIDI time code over LAN would be pretty cool, because we do many things via MIDI time code and MIDI commands...

Just heared you're going to be at the Arcus booth at Prolight&Sound, so lets have a chat there if you don't mind.
  • Hi Tom,

up to now I have not been able to do some on-site testing on this, I just know the unit is capable of doing this (this is also the way how the guys send WYSIWYG Autofocus commands to the console, which I have used before) and have done this a few times in the prepro-studio.
    We at bright! preproductions have 4 of the "big" LanNode4 Units, and I think I might try it pretty soon. Also, sending MIDI time code over LAN would be pretty cool, because we do many things via MIDI time code and MIDI commands...

Just heared you're going to be at the Arcus booth at Prolight&Sound, so lets have a chat there if you don't mind.
Children
No Data
Related