Controlling the Hog III with Crestron

I was wondering if anyone has experience controlling the Hog III with a control system like Crestron. I know that Crestron makes a MIDI expansion card for its processors, but a MIDI cable run is not always feasable.

Will the Hog III accept MIDI over ethernet without the MIDI/Timecode processor? Are there such thing as an ethernet to MIDI adapter?

Thanks!
Parents
  • MIDI over Ethernet

There has been discussion here about protocols and devices for MIDI over Ethernet. Scott mentioned this, and it is probably a bit obvious, but I want to make sure that everyone understands that the Wholehog 3 MIDI / Timecode Processor (or IOP as we like to call it) is an Ethernet node similar to the DP2000 that has MIDI in, out and thru ports. You can place an IOP anywhere on your Wholehog 3 network and the console can send and receive MIDI through it just as you can through the ports on the back panel of the console.
  • MIDI over Ethernet

There has been discussion here about protocols and devices for MIDI over Ethernet. Scott mentioned this, and it is probably a bit obvious, but I want to make sure that everyone understands that the Wholehog 3 MIDI / Timecode Processor (or IOP as we like to call it) is an Ethernet node similar to the DP2000 that has MIDI in, out and thru ports. You can place an IOP anywhere on your Wholehog 3 network and the console can send and receive MIDI through it just as you can through the ports on the back panel of the console.
Children
No Data
Related