dedicated scrollwheel as an option?

As i've used the wings with hog2pc quite a lot, i really miss the dedicated 4th. scrollencoder whenever i'm on a 3, or a 3pc.. of cource we can't take one of the encoders on the 3.. but how about an option to make the I-wheel a dedicated scrollwheel? after i started doing light for video/tv, i has almost stopped completely using a wheel for Intensity since it's more important to have a consistent level from que to que, so i always punch in, or use intensity pallettes.. that meens theres a perfectly nice wheel, that i almost never use.. i know i would smile all day if could make it a scrollwheel.:-)
Parents
  • The trick is how do you define how the wheel behaves...

Personally I really love the I-wheel as it is now. It is very useful, especially on the fly as you can sneak things in and out easily regardless of where the 4 encoders are. So I can be sneaking a color change in via encoders, and changing intensity via I-wheel. Or any other numer of things, like gobo scrolls & rotations, frost adjustment, edge/zoom adjustment.....lost of options, but I've always got intensity too!!:headbang:

It doesn't really bother me to hold down OPEN w/ my right thumb and move the I-wheel with my right pinky to scroll down.... That still leaves my left hand to do do other tasks, like run playback faders etc.

So I guess if you change it to be a scroll-wheel, then you lose the ability to have it as an I-wheel....personally this would be a useless user preference for me....but maybe my hands are just a little wider than some others??;)

Try it one handed...maybe you'll get used to the feel of it. There's always going to be some adjustment when using a new control surface. I think you'll be amazed how easy it will be once you have it programmed into your muscle memory.:)
  • The trick is how do you define how the wheel behaves...

Personally I really love the I-wheel as it is now. It is very useful, especially on the fly as you can sneak things in and out easily regardless of where the 4 encoders are. So I can be sneaking a color change in via encoders, and changing intensity via I-wheel. Or any other numer of things, like gobo scrolls & rotations, frost adjustment, edge/zoom adjustment.....lost of options, but I've always got intensity too!!:headbang:

It doesn't really bother me to hold down OPEN w/ my right thumb and move the I-wheel with my right pinky to scroll down.... That still leaves my left hand to do do other tasks, like run playback faders etc.

So I guess if you change it to be a scroll-wheel, then you lose the ability to have it as an I-wheel....personally this would be a useless user preference for me....but maybe my hands are just a little wider than some others??;)

Try it one handed...maybe you'll get used to the feel of it. There's always going to be some adjustment when using a new control surface. I think you'll be amazed how easy it will be once you have it programmed into your muscle memory.:)
Children
No Data
Related