Full BackUp

Gents

when we see a full tracked backup solution ala GrandMa with the Hog III ??
This Year ??

Denis
Parents
  • Tom, you said
    "1) Run a server on the backup console that only listens for changes and keeps a current copy of the show file. If the primary console fails, allow this server to begin communicating with nodes."

You used to be able to do this. Several years ago this was possible. For a time, you could run two servers on separate consoles and they would cleanly track each other. I was able to take either console on and offline with no conflicts. The only difference from what you suggested, is that both consoles would talk to the DP's at all times. I'd love to see this ability come back.

Currently when I do a backup/tracking situation I set up it as a server/client situation. My server desk just sits there holding the show. I do all programming and playback on the client desk. This keeps most of the load off the server and let's it concentrate on running the show. This setup is not the best because you are still reliant on the server desk, and are in a world of hurt if it goes sideways. Having said that, the two desks will track each other when set up this way...plus you can do independent playback on both desks if wanted.

I'm all for the tracking backup. That's been on my top 5 list since the beginning.
  • Tom, you said
    "1) Run a server on the backup console that only listens for changes and keeps a current copy of the show file. If the primary console fails, allow this server to begin communicating with nodes."

You used to be able to do this. Several years ago this was possible. For a time, you could run two servers on separate consoles and they would cleanly track each other. I was able to take either console on and offline with no conflicts. The only difference from what you suggested, is that both consoles would talk to the DP's at all times. I'd love to see this ability come back.

Currently when I do a backup/tracking situation I set up it as a server/client situation. My server desk just sits there holding the show. I do all programming and playback on the client desk. This keeps most of the load off the server and let's it concentrate on running the show. This setup is not the best because you are still reliant on the server desk, and are in a world of hurt if it goes sideways. Having said that, the two desks will track each other when set up this way...plus you can do independent playback on both desks if wanted.

I'm all for the tracking backup. That's been on my top 5 list since the beginning.
Children
No Data
Related