Full BackUp

Gents

when we see a full tracked backup solution ala GrandMa with the Hog III ??
This Year ??

Denis
Parents
  • Software: Hog III PC 1.4.1
    Console: Dell Inspiron 6400
    Single DMX Widget
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello,
    My company has recently purchased a single Hog widget and a PC to program and run our show on tour. Coming from a theatrical background, I have to say that I love the ease of programming that the Hog provides. Touring with the Hog has allowed me to walk into any French or Italian festival and have our show up and running in an hour, rather than have to re-program it into whatever console they may provide.
    That being said, the lack of stability of the Hog PC continues to worry me.
    The console crashed twice in programming during our recent tour. Thankfully, in both cases the festival dimmers "held" the dmx output.
    Now that we've returned home, I am looking into backup solutions for Hog PC.

Based on the suggestions of Cat West at High End, I purchased two Midi-Sports and have "linked" two PC's running the same version of software and the same show. This works great, however, because I have only one widget, I can't get both laptops to recognize the widget. Has anyone figured out how to do this? Is it possible to use a usb switch so you can "choose" which laptop has control over the widget?

Alternately, I am looking into a small dmx device such as the MicroTech DMX or Doug Fleenor's Preset 10 that could be plugged in-line between the PC and the widget. I could then record several dmx snapshots that could be used as backup looks if the PC console fails. Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all. :hogsign:
    Laura Bickford
    Lighting Supervisor
    Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Dance Company
    lbickford@billtjones.org
  • Software: Hog III PC 1.4.1
    Console: Dell Inspiron 6400
    Single DMX Widget
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello,
    My company has recently purchased a single Hog widget and a PC to program and run our show on tour. Coming from a theatrical background, I have to say that I love the ease of programming that the Hog provides. Touring with the Hog has allowed me to walk into any French or Italian festival and have our show up and running in an hour, rather than have to re-program it into whatever console they may provide.
    That being said, the lack of stability of the Hog PC continues to worry me.
    The console crashed twice in programming during our recent tour. Thankfully, in both cases the festival dimmers "held" the dmx output.
    Now that we've returned home, I am looking into backup solutions for Hog PC.

Based on the suggestions of Cat West at High End, I purchased two Midi-Sports and have "linked" two PC's running the same version of software and the same show. This works great, however, because I have only one widget, I can't get both laptops to recognize the widget. Has anyone figured out how to do this? Is it possible to use a usb switch so you can "choose" which laptop has control over the widget?

Alternately, I am looking into a small dmx device such as the MicroTech DMX or Doug Fleenor's Preset 10 that could be plugged in-line between the PC and the widget. I could then record several dmx snapshots that could be used as backup looks if the PC console fails. Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all. :hogsign:
    Laura Bickford
    Lighting Supervisor
    Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Dance Company
    lbickford@billtjones.org
Children
No Data
Related