Full BackUp

Gents

when we see a full tracked backup solution ala GrandMa with the Hog III ??
This Year ??

Denis
Parents
  • While I don't have anything to add to the implementation of the fail-over/backup system, I think it would also be good to consider what the actual DMX output is during fail-overs, saves, backups, etc.

I would really like to have the option of setting a 'last look' or 'panic look' for the DP to catch if it goes into a reset. If possible, it would be nice to see the DP output a static 'panic look' or the last values output prior to the system rebooting.

Example:

If I'm in a rehearsal and I have to back up the show or reboot the console, the biggest hiccup for me is the stage lighting having a 'hiccup' or having to go dark. One way I avoid this is to record a panic look into a local DataLynx and activate that during system resets and backups.

As the nodes become more distributed in larger systems, this becomes very difficult.

It would be nice if I could tell the console/DPs to freeze a look during reboot or back-up.

Bonus Prize: Have the console alert you with a pop-up (upon reboot) that there is a look frozen, with the options to cross-fade into the console's current state (with a fade time) or remain in the frozen look until a later time (if you still think there may be a problem at the console).

Any thoughts?

Phil
  • While I don't have anything to add to the implementation of the fail-over/backup system, I think it would also be good to consider what the actual DMX output is during fail-overs, saves, backups, etc.

I would really like to have the option of setting a 'last look' or 'panic look' for the DP to catch if it goes into a reset. If possible, it would be nice to see the DP output a static 'panic look' or the last values output prior to the system rebooting.

Example:

If I'm in a rehearsal and I have to back up the show or reboot the console, the biggest hiccup for me is the stage lighting having a 'hiccup' or having to go dark. One way I avoid this is to record a panic look into a local DataLynx and activate that during system resets and backups.

As the nodes become more distributed in larger systems, this becomes very difficult.

It would be nice if I could tell the console/DPs to freeze a look during reboot or back-up.

Bonus Prize: Have the console alert you with a pop-up (upon reboot) that there is a look frozen, with the options to cross-fade into the console's current state (with a fade time) or remain in the frozen look until a later time (if you still think there may be a problem at the console).

Any thoughts?

Phil
Children
No Data
Related