effects freezing+ colour Picker fanning

1 I would love to be able to freeze an effect, leaving the effect istself running in the background and snapshooting the stage output as I choose to be. It would be kind of pausing the effect. The flash button might be assigned this function and it would be great if we had a freezing time in and out. Just to be clear at the start, I'm not talking about the possibility of getting rid of whatever Fx in a snap. Freezing effect function would be a nice tool we could play with.

2 It might be a quicker way to fan hue and saturation by directly using the colour picker but encoders. Cheers Marco
Parents
  • hmmm. so maybe we just need a few new macros in addition to the possibility to configure a flash button to freeze all fx in its list.

-A macro to set all fx-speed to 0 and back to 100% - maybe just with the fx-speed as parameter?
    -A macro to modify all fades (maybe with colors, beams etc separated?)

just with 0%=stop and 100%=original speed.
    If you'd combine this with a feature request that I and some other people discussed a few days ago as we wanted a fader for the effect-speed, you'd suddenly be very flexible in any live situation.
    Image you have a fader to control all fx-speeds, and its flash button freezing all movements/effects for live shows? just have one cuelist with your moves and do everything else with the fader. No more big cuelists with lots of moves in various speeds or tons of virtual cuelists or scenes with your moves on festivals.
    I usually have a STOP-button on hog2-desks I prepare for festival: A cuelist on the wing just with a macro that does a "goto 1" on all cuelists that have 100%-intensities as the first cue and chases/intensity-fx as the following cues. It also does a "goto 1" on the "stage positions" cuelist and so on. So at the end of a song you just press one button to stop all chases/moves that were running. This is something that guest operators alway like a lot when they have to use my festival page on the desk.
    It would be very nice to have a 0%-fx-speed button instead. It would then be up to the operator to either put the speed up to 100% to get everything running as it was before or to do a 5sec-move to a new stage position thus overwriting the move (so its cuelist gets released) before that.

I'd probably never use this when I tour or on corporate events, but I see a lot of use for this on festivals and one-off live shows with bands that you don't know too well.

As I also wrote earlier, I do like the grandma-way with a fx-speeds that you could set effects to and then map groups of effects to their own speed-faders. This is really very very useful!
  • hmmm. so maybe we just need a few new macros in addition to the possibility to configure a flash button to freeze all fx in its list.

-A macro to set all fx-speed to 0 and back to 100% - maybe just with the fx-speed as parameter?
    -A macro to modify all fades (maybe with colors, beams etc separated?)

just with 0%=stop and 100%=original speed.
    If you'd combine this with a feature request that I and some other people discussed a few days ago as we wanted a fader for the effect-speed, you'd suddenly be very flexible in any live situation.
    Image you have a fader to control all fx-speeds, and its flash button freezing all movements/effects for live shows? just have one cuelist with your moves and do everything else with the fader. No more big cuelists with lots of moves in various speeds or tons of virtual cuelists or scenes with your moves on festivals.
    I usually have a STOP-button on hog2-desks I prepare for festival: A cuelist on the wing just with a macro that does a "goto 1" on all cuelists that have 100%-intensities as the first cue and chases/intensity-fx as the following cues. It also does a "goto 1" on the "stage positions" cuelist and so on. So at the end of a song you just press one button to stop all chases/moves that were running. This is something that guest operators alway like a lot when they have to use my festival page on the desk.
    It would be very nice to have a 0%-fx-speed button instead. It would then be up to the operator to either put the speed up to 100% to get everything running as it was before or to do a 5sec-move to a new stage position thus overwriting the move (so its cuelist gets released) before that.

I'd probably never use this when I tour or on corporate events, but I see a lot of use for this on festivals and one-off live shows with bands that you don't know too well.

As I also wrote earlier, I do like the grandma-way with a fx-speeds that you could set effects to and then map groups of effects to their own speed-faders. This is really very very useful!
Children
No Data
Related