effects freezing+ colour Picker fanning

1 I would love to be able to freeze an effect, leaving the effect istself running in the background and snapshooting the stage output as I choose to be. It would be kind of pausing the effect. The flash button might be assigned this function and it would be great if we had a freezing time in and out. Just to be clear at the start, I'm not talking about the possibility of getting rid of whatever Fx in a snap. Freezing effect function would be a nice tool we could play with.

2 It might be a quicker way to fan hue and saturation by directly using the colour picker but encoders. Cheers Marco
Parents
  • sami,

I like the grandma-way:
    when you set up and save an effect to a cue, you can either set the speed to X cycles per minute or you can set it to a factor and to one of the special FX-Speeds 1 through 4 (or even more I think).
    Now set all your moves to FXspeed1 and use the factor to fine-tune them so they a look the same speed. Then put FXspeed1 on a fader and you always have control over the speed of all moves. Very nice for live shows. When the songs suddenly has a downpart, take down the fader, when it speeds up, put up the fader. All moves that are running or that you start during the song will be in the right speed.
    There are other approaches, too, but I like it a lot this way. The rest of the desk (grandma) still drives me nuts and I'd never want to program on it, but this is a nice function...

Jan

Jan
  • sami,

I like the grandma-way:
    when you set up and save an effect to a cue, you can either set the speed to X cycles per minute or you can set it to a factor and to one of the special FX-Speeds 1 through 4 (or even more I think).
    Now set all your moves to FXspeed1 and use the factor to fine-tune them so they a look the same speed. Then put FXspeed1 on a fader and you always have control over the speed of all moves. Very nice for live shows. When the songs suddenly has a downpart, take down the fader, when it speeds up, put up the fader. All moves that are running or that you start during the song will be in the right speed.
    There are other approaches, too, but I like it a lot this way. The rest of the desk (grandma) still drives me nuts and I'd never want to program on it, but this is a nice function...

Jan

Jan
Children
No Data
Related