GUI Editor for Effects

I mentioned this idea three years ago when I first got my WH3. The sample is attached. Basically when I use the effects engine and change the size, it's hard to see the top and bottom levels, especially when the effect is at a fast rate.
For example, here is a simple one...an alarm beacon effect. Just a simple sine on intensity. But I'm asked to make sure the effect doesn't drop below 20%. The GUI editor that I attached would allow you to see the top and bottom levels as you adjust, giving you more fine tuning ability. I thought it would be cool if you could not only make the changes with the parameter wheels, but by clicking on the graphic and dragging the base or the size. What do you guys think?
Parents
  • :beerchug: Love this idea Scott! Nice graphic too...(couldn't get your mov for some reason though.)

I've run into similar issues on shoots as well...this would sure beat watching the Output window to make sure the effect is only going where you want it.

I've gotten around the issue w/ inhibitive subs a little bit, but that only works for intensity at the bottom, it doesn't set a top limit (I've also been asked not to go over certain levels too!)...this would be very useful for every other parameter.

Maybe we'll be able to get this when we get the ability to make custom tables back....as there will need to be some sort of GUI for that too.
  • :beerchug: Love this idea Scott! Nice graphic too...(couldn't get your mov for some reason though.)

I've run into similar issues on shoots as well...this would sure beat watching the Output window to make sure the effect is only going where you want it.

I've gotten around the issue w/ inhibitive subs a little bit, but that only works for intensity at the bottom, it doesn't set a top limit (I've also been asked not to go over certain levels too!)...this would be very useful for every other parameter.

Maybe we'll be able to get this when we get the ability to make custom tables back....as there will need to be some sort of GUI for that too.
Children
No Data
Related