What is "Show Pips"

Hey, I had an operator ask me a this a while back, and I didn't have an answer....

From the Programmer window select the "O" next to the printer icon to open the configuration window and under Editor there is an option "Show Pips"

What does this do?:confused:
Parents
  • Picture In Picture
    Personal Injury Protection
    Python In PHP
    Project Integration Program
    Parametric Integer Programming
    Peer Information Protocol
    Press Institute of Pakistan
    Postharvest Institute for Perishables

And for more interesting information about pip, take a look at this:
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pip

And now for the real answer.
    As far as I can tell, in this case pip doesn't stand for anything. If you take a look at the wiki page, you will see that a number of the definitions of pip refer to it as a small unit of numerical significance. Using the show pips option on the console will use pip units to show you some of the actual numeric values that are being used for internal calculations. This isn't usually of use in a show situation, but is another tool that we can use when trying to track down problems.
  • Picture In Picture
    Personal Injury Protection
    Python In PHP
    Project Integration Program
    Parametric Integer Programming
    Peer Information Protocol
    Press Institute of Pakistan
    Postharvest Institute for Perishables

And for more interesting information about pip, take a look at this:
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pip

And now for the real answer.
    As far as I can tell, in this case pip doesn't stand for anything. If you take a look at the wiki page, you will see that a number of the definitions of pip refer to it as a small unit of numerical significance. Using the show pips option on the console will use pip units to show you some of the actual numeric values that are being used for internal calculations. This isn't usually of use in a show situation, but is another tool that we can use when trying to track down problems.
Children
No Data
Related