Fixture Select

Following on from a question posted in Tips and Tricks, how about being able to select a pallette, and by doing so automatically select the fixtures in that pallette? So, for instance, if I have a Position pallette called 'Lecturn' or 'Drummer' for that matter, by double tapping it I instantly grab that pallettes data, and the fixtures stored within.

P
Parents
  • :friday: OK...so here's how I do it currently. I have been working with Hog-3 in varying "on-the-fly" scenarios at the venue I work at nearly every day for the last year.

I build either a scene or a cuelist that has only Position stored in it. I have intensity for those fixtures in another list on a handle.

I keep my culist directory window open and de-select guard. When I want a specific focus, I simply touch that cuelist or scene...and the lights all move there. When I don't want them there anymore I release the list (Try "Add Release End Cue" under options) and the lights go back to wherever they are in the master show list or any other list with Position in it.(provided you have selected "Persist On Override" for that list). Or you can simply re-"Assert" your master show list. Or you can simply select another one of your position lists.

Setting your fade and release times is helpful. Or you can build another series of cuelists or scenes that change have different Speed values (M-Speed in the case of HES fixtures is called "Global Time" on Hog-3 under BEAM).

So I guess the question really is, do we need to change how Palettes work? Palettes are supposed to be the building blocks for cues....not the cues themselves.;)

I think if you get creative in your construction of cuelists and scenes...which ones live on screen and which ones live on faders/handles you can do all of what you are asking for.:)

BTW - having Position lists/scenes is a great way to change the base point of FX if you build your FX lists/scenes w/o position in them...just FX table, etc.:)
  • :friday: OK...so here's how I do it currently. I have been working with Hog-3 in varying "on-the-fly" scenarios at the venue I work at nearly every day for the last year.

I build either a scene or a cuelist that has only Position stored in it. I have intensity for those fixtures in another list on a handle.

I keep my culist directory window open and de-select guard. When I want a specific focus, I simply touch that cuelist or scene...and the lights all move there. When I don't want them there anymore I release the list (Try "Add Release End Cue" under options) and the lights go back to wherever they are in the master show list or any other list with Position in it.(provided you have selected "Persist On Override" for that list). Or you can simply re-"Assert" your master show list. Or you can simply select another one of your position lists.

Setting your fade and release times is helpful. Or you can build another series of cuelists or scenes that change have different Speed values (M-Speed in the case of HES fixtures is called "Global Time" on Hog-3 under BEAM).

So I guess the question really is, do we need to change how Palettes work? Palettes are supposed to be the building blocks for cues....not the cues themselves.;)

I think if you get creative in your construction of cuelists and scenes...which ones live on screen and which ones live on faders/handles you can do all of what you are asking for.:)

BTW - having Position lists/scenes is a great way to change the base point of FX if you build your FX lists/scenes w/o position in them...just FX table, etc.:)
Children
No Data
Related