Shuttle PRO for Hog3PC

Oh Wizards of Hog,:notworthy:

www.contourdesign.com/shuttlepro/index.htm

Is there a way to use a device like this on the Hog3PC so I have an actual wheel to turn without having to add a programmer wing. For example, when the console software catches up with the PC software, allowing me to merge the two on the same show and use the PC as a remote, I would like to be able to move to a different location in the house with a laptop and a devise like this to focus fixtures. I could program the device so that I can choose which encoder I want to manipulate. What do you think?
Parents
  • Scott,

Usually devices like this map to keyboard shortcuts to control software. Occasionally they will map directly to the Windows API for functions like media control and volume. How well they function with applicationos usually depends on how well their driver and application are written and whether it will support sending the keystrokes you would need. I've never seen this specific device, so I'm not sure how well it would work, but usually you can map these to anything you have a keyboard shortcut for.
  • Scott,

Usually devices like this map to keyboard shortcuts to control software. Occasionally they will map directly to the Windows API for functions like media control and volume. How well they function with applicationos usually depends on how well their driver and application are written and whether it will support sending the keystrokes you would need. I've never seen this specific device, so I'm not sure how well it would work, but usually you can map these to anything you have a keyboard shortcut for.
Children
No Data
Related