The best way for Live show !!!

O.k. it's go's like this:

We all know that the tool with the must useful option is the "CueList", you can do anything with the cuelist.
so, if you have all the cuelist under your hand and a simple way to control them then your the king !!!:headbang:

My tip is-
open the Cuelist Directory, disable the lock button and "wash" the two hog touchscreens with the cuelist directory and you have 175 cuelists in front of you and it's look like lines (first line is cuelist 1>25 and under that you have the second line with cuelist 26>50 and then 51>75 etc...)

After that, record the second line with "RELEASE" buttons:
press record and touch the cuelist button, you get an cuelist with cue 1 empty, set this cue macro to RL (Release Cuelist) and enter the cuelist number that above the "Release button" (the corent cuelist) for example: in line one cuelist #1 and line 2 cuelist #26 so cuelist #26 is the release button of cuelist #1 because cuelist #26 is under cuelist #1 and the macro of cue 1 in cuelist #26 will be RL1.

*to any "Release" button you must add a second macro command that say RL#(the number of the release button) so the release will be a momentry press and don't stay active. the command for release button #26 will be RL1:RL26 .

Now you have the first line to record anything on that cuelists (Effects, Cue's, Chasers etc...) and the second line with release buttons to release those cuelist in a simple way.

now you can do the same for line 3 and 4 and line 5 and 6 (line 3 for cuelist and line 4 for release buttons and the same with 5 and 6)
and you have somting like 100 active cue list to fire in a easy way and fast release.

See the attach file:

Amir
Danix
Israel
Parents
  • I first read this thread a couple years ago and found it quite interesting and gave it a shot on just a few cues. I liked it but found it somewhat problematic in my particular show. Ninety percent of the stuff I do is in a worship environment therefore I never run anything the same way twice. Being able to quickly access any cue is a crucial need in this manner.

What I did differently is I programmed a different cuelist for each fixture type. Then I have the cuelist directory open just like amir877 with single cue cuelists running macros that trigger different cues within the other cuelists.

For example: say I have the studio beams on list 100, I can then have cuelist 1 have a macro GL100/1 then list 2 GL100/2 etc..

Now I know this is rather simple but when it comes in handy is when you have say 4 types of fixtures. You can quickly recall a cool look with just one button.

For example: say I have the studio beams on list 100, studio colors on list 101, technobeams on list 102, and studio spots on list 103. Then a macro could look like this, GL100/1:GL101/5:GL102/16:GL103/9

Apart from that I can still easily enough recall any cue by opening up any cuelist. For me this makes it really easy to change all my looks between our services without doing to much reprogramming. Also, the fixtures are always running off of a physical master. I hope this isn't confusing but this has really helped me out.
  • I first read this thread a couple years ago and found it quite interesting and gave it a shot on just a few cues. I liked it but found it somewhat problematic in my particular show. Ninety percent of the stuff I do is in a worship environment therefore I never run anything the same way twice. Being able to quickly access any cue is a crucial need in this manner.

What I did differently is I programmed a different cuelist for each fixture type. Then I have the cuelist directory open just like amir877 with single cue cuelists running macros that trigger different cues within the other cuelists.

For example: say I have the studio beams on list 100, I can then have cuelist 1 have a macro GL100/1 then list 2 GL100/2 etc..

Now I know this is rather simple but when it comes in handy is when you have say 4 types of fixtures. You can quickly recall a cool look with just one button.

For example: say I have the studio beams on list 100, studio colors on list 101, technobeams on list 102, and studio spots on list 103. Then a macro could look like this, GL100/1:GL101/5:GL102/16:GL103/9

Apart from that I can still easily enough recall any cue by opening up any cuelist. For me this makes it really easy to change all my looks between our services without doing to much reprogramming. Also, the fixtures are always running off of a physical master. I hope this isn't confusing but this has really helped me out.
Children
No Data
Related