fixture with frames

Could it be possible to have Frame1A and frame 1B on same wheel: Wheel1=Frame 1A and Pig+wheel1=Frame 1B, with this option you could have 4 frames on same wheels page.
Parents
  • I like this idea because it seems to offer a more efficient way of controlling some fixtures and that's always a good thing.

Here are my issues:

1) Pig + Encoder is already implemented as fine resolution control mode. People expect it to work that way when programming, regardless of what type of parameter they are controlling.

2) There aren't currently any parameters for which we display 2 values over a single encoder wheel. When a wheel has multiple control modes that are mutually exclusive you can switch between them, but you're still always dealing with a 1 wheel to 1 value relationship. I'm concerned both because this is a change of our standard and accepted behaviour and because I'm not sure how big a change this would be to implement.

3) Would there be any advantage to having the encoder wheel control both 1a and 1b at once so you have an easy way of moving the shutter straight in and out? This would possibly require 2 separate modifier keys for 1a and 1b, but when I think about what I usually do when I'm working with lights that have shutter systems, I usually run the frame straight in until I'm close to where I need to be, then I adjust the angle.

Let me know what you think.
  • I like this idea because it seems to offer a more efficient way of controlling some fixtures and that's always a good thing.

Here are my issues:

1) Pig + Encoder is already implemented as fine resolution control mode. People expect it to work that way when programming, regardless of what type of parameter they are controlling.

2) There aren't currently any parameters for which we display 2 values over a single encoder wheel. When a wheel has multiple control modes that are mutually exclusive you can switch between them, but you're still always dealing with a 1 wheel to 1 value relationship. I'm concerned both because this is a change of our standard and accepted behaviour and because I'm not sure how big a change this would be to implement.

3) Would there be any advantage to having the encoder wheel control both 1a and 1b at once so you have an easy way of moving the shutter straight in and out? This would possibly require 2 separate modifier keys for 1a and 1b, but when I think about what I usually do when I'm working with lights that have shutter systems, I usually run the frame straight in until I'm close to where I need to be, then I adjust the angle.

Let me know what you think.
Children
No Data
Related