fixture with frames

Could it be possible to have Frame1A and frame 1B on same wheel: Wheel1=Frame 1A and Pig+wheel1=Frame 1B, with this option you could have 4 frames on same wheels page.
Parents
  • [quote=teerickson]
    3) Would there be any advantage to having the encoder wheel control both 1a and 1b at once so you have an easy way of moving the shutter straight in and out? This would possibly require 2 separate modifier keys for 1a and 1b, but when I think about what I usually do when I'm working with lights that have shutter systems, I usually run the frame straight in until I'm close to where I need to be, then I adjust the angle.

YES! :love: :arms:

I think an easier way than having to hold any extra keys down is to have an encoder "mode" if you will. Similar to gobo/color wheel modes of index vs. rotate and strobe modes, iris modes etc.

So you have three options on the left side of an encoder "A", "B", & "Tandem".

When you touch the encoder value on the screen, you can toggle how the shutters behave.

The only problem with this, is that you will not be able to see two values at once on the encoder...you'll have to look at your Programmer or Output window to see both values for a shutter simultaneously.:33: :33:

Unless you guys come up with a clever way of displaying both values at once on the encoder....not easily done though I'm sure;)
  • [quote=teerickson]
    3) Would there be any advantage to having the encoder wheel control both 1a and 1b at once so you have an easy way of moving the shutter straight in and out? This would possibly require 2 separate modifier keys for 1a and 1b, but when I think about what I usually do when I'm working with lights that have shutter systems, I usually run the frame straight in until I'm close to where I need to be, then I adjust the angle.

YES! :love: :arms:

I think an easier way than having to hold any extra keys down is to have an encoder "mode" if you will. Similar to gobo/color wheel modes of index vs. rotate and strobe modes, iris modes etc.

So you have three options on the left side of an encoder "A", "B", & "Tandem".

When you touch the encoder value on the screen, you can toggle how the shutters behave.

The only problem with this, is that you will not be able to see two values at once on the encoder...you'll have to look at your Programmer or Output window to see both values for a shutter simultaneously.:33: :33:

Unless you guys come up with a clever way of displaying both values at once on the encoder....not easily done though I'm sure;)
Children
No Data
Related