fixture with frames

Could it be possible to have Frame1A and frame 1B on same wheel: Wheel1=Frame 1A and Pig+wheel1=Frame 1B, with this option you could have 4 frames on same wheels page.
Parents
  • I agree with Ross that we need a set of abstraction tools to deal with this!:)

This is exactly the kind of thing a console with abstraction should be good at anyways. That's kind of the whole point. It might take a bit more work calibrating the fixture profile, but once it's done it's done!:D

Keeping track of the orientation of all your heads can be a pain if you've got a lot of them. This means things keep reversing on you of you're not super careful.(Oh, yeah I forgot I flipped that one 5 cues ago...DOH!);)

So what we need is an abstraction tool similar in concept to the HS wheel.

I like Steph's thought of having it work similarly to WYG, but yes we would still need some sort of encoder control just like Hue/Sat. vs. CMY.

Steph's original thought of being able to control all 4 blades on one set of encoders would require that each encoder have 2 modes...one for "Thrust" or "Insertion", and another for "Angle". You would still have to go over to another encoder to rotate the whole shutter assembly, but I think this is minor.

The actual mechanics of the fixture via DMX protocol happens below the abstraction layer in the fixture profile. Which means as a programmer you won't need to worry about how manufacturer A does it vs manucaturer B. The way you interact with shutters is always the same, regardless of the DMX protocol.:D
  • I agree with Ross that we need a set of abstraction tools to deal with this!:)

This is exactly the kind of thing a console with abstraction should be good at anyways. That's kind of the whole point. It might take a bit more work calibrating the fixture profile, but once it's done it's done!:D

Keeping track of the orientation of all your heads can be a pain if you've got a lot of them. This means things keep reversing on you of you're not super careful.(Oh, yeah I forgot I flipped that one 5 cues ago...DOH!);)

So what we need is an abstraction tool similar in concept to the HS wheel.

I like Steph's thought of having it work similarly to WYG, but yes we would still need some sort of encoder control just like Hue/Sat. vs. CMY.

Steph's original thought of being able to control all 4 blades on one set of encoders would require that each encoder have 2 modes...one for "Thrust" or "Insertion", and another for "Angle". You would still have to go over to another encoder to rotate the whole shutter assembly, but I think this is minor.

The actual mechanics of the fixture via DMX protocol happens below the abstraction layer in the fixture profile. Which means as a programmer you won't need to worry about how manufacturer A does it vs manucaturer B. The way you interact with shutters is always the same, regardless of the DMX protocol.:D
Children
No Data
Related