Lock Console / Screen Saver

Hi,

I already discussed these feature a time ago, but noticed again this weekend that they may be vital :)

The first one is having a possibilty to lock the console, and unlock it again by entering, for example a pin code. This locking may lock all the features of the console, so no output to the rigg, no interaction with the console.

The second one is having a timeout to be set where the screens will switch off until a key is pressed again. This will prevent burn-in. I have disabled the powerlock on the screens, and I switch them off when I leave for a certain time, but, if the power drops, the desk will boot up again, and they will stay on for x time.
Parents
  • Hi Tom,

yes I guess there are many ideas about multiuser which certainly require quite a lot of development. But as you mentioned, the Pin system is, in my eyes, not a realy multiuser issue, but more some kind of a kiddie, don't touch this, security. That's exactly what happened, having somebody pressing some buttons make quite a lot of mess, and forgetting to turn of the screens, so the stage looked catastrophic and the screens were on the same look for the whole afternoon. That's in fact the story behind my post :)

As far as I can remember,Hog2 had both features (pin&Screen off) in it,no ?
  • Hi Tom,

yes I guess there are many ideas about multiuser which certainly require quite a lot of development. But as you mentioned, the Pin system is, in my eyes, not a realy multiuser issue, but more some kind of a kiddie, don't touch this, security. That's exactly what happened, having somebody pressing some buttons make quite a lot of mess, and forgetting to turn of the screens, so the stage looked catastrophic and the screens were on the same look for the whole afternoon. That's in fact the story behind my post :)

As far as I can remember,Hog2 had both features (pin&Screen off) in it,no ?
Children
No Data
Related