Programming Question-Moving head paths

I need to make a moving head follow a guitarist along the top of a bar, like a followspot. So far, to keep the thing on the right track, I've recorded intermediate following cues for his position on the bar along point a to point z. This seems like a fairly accurate way, but extra cues and extra programming time. Should I be looking into changing the path of the positions (in "path") to make it track more accurately with one single pair of A to B cues? Pretty basic question, but the bar is small and the heads are close to the guy and programming time is at a premium. I know, their lack of planning isn't my emergency...
Parents
  • From the sounds of it, something else that might work for you would be a IFCB Scene. Make the Scene your final position.

In your cue, you place the fixture in the first position on the bar. When he starts to move, you trigger the IFCB fader and slowly move it up, pausing when he does and continuing all the way to the second position.

The next cue in your stack would release the scene and keep the light where you need it.

Just a thought...I've used this method to "follow" people and it seems to work fairly well...your mileage may vary....

j
  • From the sounds of it, something else that might work for you would be a IFCB Scene. Make the Scene your final position.

In your cue, you place the fixture in the first position on the bar. When he starts to move, you trigger the IFCB fader and slowly move it up, pausing when he does and continuing all the way to the second position.

The next cue in your stack would release the scene and keep the light where you need it.

Just a thought...I've used this method to "follow" people and it seems to work fairly well...your mileage may vary....

j
Children
No Data
Related