record merge...

I do a lot of "record merge" actions and it really annoys me that I first have to press "more" in order to be able to activate the merge function.
Isn't it possible to introduce some "shift"-key to make record a record merge?
like pressing +RECORD cue 12 enter? and another shift key for record remove and another one for record selected?

I think the fact that record merge has been easier on the hog2 has been discussed before, but I can't find that thread.

Jan
Parents
  • Jan,

I've always found Remove to be easy to get to on the record toolbar. I suppose we could come up with some syntax like "Record Delete 1" to record remove directly from the command line, but the syntax is a bit confusing and I don't think it would speed things up much.

Record Selected is a bit tougher. It's on the More toolbar, so it takes a bit more effort to get to. No logical syntax is jumping immediately to mind for this action. An argument could certainly be made to move Selected onto the Record toolbar. That would at least save one button press.

What do you think?
  • Jan,

I've always found Remove to be easy to get to on the record toolbar. I suppose we could come up with some syntax like "Record Delete 1" to record remove directly from the command line, but the syntax is a bit confusing and I don't think it would speed things up much.

Record Selected is a bit tougher. It's on the More toolbar, so it takes a bit more effort to get to. No logical syntax is jumping immediately to mind for this action. An argument could certainly be made to move Selected onto the Record toolbar. That would at least save one button press.

What do you think?
Children
No Data
Related