record merge...

I do a lot of "record merge" actions and it really annoys me that I first have to press "more" in order to be able to activate the merge function.
Isn't it possible to introduce some "shift"-key to make record a record merge?
like pressing +RECORD cue 12 enter? and another shift key for record remove and another one for record selected?

I think the fact that record merge has been easier on the hog2 has been discussed before, but I can't find that thread.

Jan
Parents
  • sure! these forums are fun :)

if you've got a ton of stuff in your Programmer, you can use "1+2 Record 3" to record only 1+2 into 3 by
    utilizing the Source of the SMCOD structure.

i think "/" should be a valid way to refer to Current Selection:[INDENT]"/ Live Enter" => Current Selection / Active = select only the live instruments that are already in the
    current selection.
    "Live / Enter" => Active / = select all live instruments without enforcing a (null) intersection.

so if:
    the left of / is (null), then it's treated as a Current Selection

and
    the right if / is (null), then the left / is returned unfiltered

then:
    "/" should return Current Selection, unfiltered.

[/INDENT]"1+2 Record 3" records 1+2 into 3, "/ Record 3" should similarly record Current Selection into 3

it's not as much an idea for the "shortcut" to Record Selected as it is a finger-friendly way to effectively record selected without needing a crazy chord to do it from the keypad...
  • sure! these forums are fun :)

if you've got a ton of stuff in your Programmer, you can use "1+2 Record 3" to record only 1+2 into 3 by
    utilizing the Source of the SMCOD structure.

i think "/" should be a valid way to refer to Current Selection:[INDENT]"/ Live Enter" => Current Selection / Active = select only the live instruments that are already in the
    current selection.
    "Live / Enter" => Active / = select all live instruments without enforcing a (null) intersection.

so if:
    the left of / is (null), then it's treated as a Current Selection

and
    the right if / is (null), then the left / is returned unfiltered

then:
    "/" should return Current Selection, unfiltered.

[/INDENT]"1+2 Record 3" records 1+2 into 3, "/ Record 3" should similarly record Current Selection into 3

it's not as much an idea for the "shortcut" to Record Selected as it is a finger-friendly way to effectively record selected without needing a crazy chord to do it from the keypad...
Children
No Data
Related