Releasing lists by itself

On this corporate show with two hog III's networked as desk 1 & desk 2 we're seeing the main desk release all cue list on faders and out of the list directory. There doesn't seem to be any network problems. The main desk may have a low battery though - the time and date isn't holding with shutdown. I'm going to re-set both desks on a break and I'll fix the time and date at that point. Any thoughts?

OBTW - Latest software version.
Parents
  • Brad & Tom,

1.3.8 (988)

The server desk is releasing all lists on faders and virtually triggered in the directory, Brad. I just reset both while we're on break and the network is fine. I also spoke to Mitch and he explained some things about cues stomping out others that I was un-aware of. I don't think this is a case of a cue list on the server desk stomping out the client desk in these two situations though. We do have one cue on the server that stomps the client desk but that list was inactive at those moments.

To answer Tom's question...

I'm operating the client desk and was basically sitting in a cue or two when the release happened.

FYI guys... Christians desk is the server with moving lights and conventionals. He's operating on page one with all faders loaded with list (including fader 1 if that makes any difference). He occasionally triggers cues virtually from the list by touching with guard off. My desk
    is the client with Catalyst. I'm playing back on page two with faders 2 thru 10 loaded.

The only cue that mixes fixture programming is the above mentioned Video cue which Christian takes on his desk. Because he did a Pig Touch on the Catalyst channels in that cue it releases all my lists but that's o.k.. I'll just take my next or released Catalyst cue on the restore out of video.

So my current thought is that somehow the cue list directory is releasing all for no apparent reason.

BTW Tom - I've seen the release of lists on the server desk when you join session with your client desk. Of course this is something you'd probably not want to be doing in the middle of a show.
  • Brad & Tom,

1.3.8 (988)

The server desk is releasing all lists on faders and virtually triggered in the directory, Brad. I just reset both while we're on break and the network is fine. I also spoke to Mitch and he explained some things about cues stomping out others that I was un-aware of. I don't think this is a case of a cue list on the server desk stomping out the client desk in these two situations though. We do have one cue on the server that stomps the client desk but that list was inactive at those moments.

To answer Tom's question...

I'm operating the client desk and was basically sitting in a cue or two when the release happened.

FYI guys... Christians desk is the server with moving lights and conventionals. He's operating on page one with all faders loaded with list (including fader 1 if that makes any difference). He occasionally triggers cues virtually from the list by touching with guard off. My desk
    is the client with Catalyst. I'm playing back on page two with faders 2 thru 10 loaded.

The only cue that mixes fixture programming is the above mentioned Video cue which Christian takes on his desk. Because he did a Pig Touch on the Catalyst channels in that cue it releases all my lists but that's o.k.. I'll just take my next or released Catalyst cue on the restore out of video.

So my current thought is that somehow the cue list directory is releasing all for no apparent reason.

BTW Tom - I've seen the release of lists on the server desk when you join session with your client desk. Of course this is something you'd probably not want to be doing in the middle of a show.
Children
No Data
Related