Patch several fixtures with a number of specified channels DMX

As for various reasons, the operator is not always the person who decides patch fixtures, and the person who gives the addresses is not always sure number of channels and not to have problems decides to take a higher number of channels, would be it possible to have a line of code such as for example 1 THRU 8 @ 1/ X which patch fixtures all X channels.

thanks.
Parents
  • I think what Steph may be asking for is the ability to patch fixtures using an arbitrary amount of channels.

Example:
    The 'designer' doesn't know how many channels a single Cyberlight uses (20). So, as he/she is doing paperwork on the ol' corporate jet, he/she guesses at a number of channels that is sure to be enough. Let's say 25.

The cyberlights are later addressed, per paperwork, at the following addresses:

It would then, theoretically, be nice if the programmer could patch sequential fixtures easily with an arbitrary spacing.

Cyberlight 1>5@1(25)

...or something like that.

--

Steph? Any input?

I'm not quite sure I would ever use a function like this. So, I'm not sure if this is helping any.

Regards,

Phil
  • I think what Steph may be asking for is the ability to patch fixtures using an arbitrary amount of channels.

Example:
    The 'designer' doesn't know how many channels a single Cyberlight uses (20). So, as he/she is doing paperwork on the ol' corporate jet, he/she guesses at a number of channels that is sure to be enough. Let's say 25.

The cyberlights are later addressed, per paperwork, at the following addresses:

It would then, theoretically, be nice if the programmer could patch sequential fixtures easily with an arbitrary spacing.

Cyberlight 1>5@1(25)

...or something like that.

--

Steph? Any input?

I'm not quite sure I would ever use a function like this. So, I'm not sure if this is helping any.

Regards,

Phil
Children
No Data
Related