Effects engine

Could someone please explain how exactly the effects engine works? I know you can do ballyhoos and sttuff with it but how do you find out what numbers to do and stuff? I am fairly new to lighting and have only made one ballyhoo with the effects engine.
Parents
  • Effects are applied to the base value of each parameter.

Table is sort of like Oscillator. You've got a few different patterns: Sine wave, Step [Square Wave], Sawtooth, and so on.
    Rate is how fast the Oscillator "runs."
    Size is how "Amplitude" is from the effect is applied to the base value. Some of my fixtures were far enough away I had to really cut back on the value to make it look good.
    Offset is how much to put the Oscillator "out of phase". If you dig under the covers, the "Circle" effect is both pan and tilt on Sine with one of them 90deg out of phase.

You can get an oval by increasing the size of just pan or tilt.
    Figure-8, double the rate on pan.
    A stupid easy trick to chase lights is select a group of fixtures, put the intensity on Sine, bump up the rate, then "Fan" the offset.
  • Effects are applied to the base value of each parameter.

Table is sort of like Oscillator. You've got a few different patterns: Sine wave, Step [Square Wave], Sawtooth, and so on.
    Rate is how fast the Oscillator "runs."
    Size is how "Amplitude" is from the effect is applied to the base value. Some of my fixtures were far enough away I had to really cut back on the value to make it look good.
    Offset is how much to put the Oscillator "out of phase". If you dig under the covers, the "Circle" effect is both pan and tilt on Sine with one of them 90deg out of phase.

You can get an oval by increasing the size of just pan or tilt.
    Figure-8, double the rate on pan.
    A stupid easy trick to chase lights is select a group of fixtures, put the intensity on Sine, bump up the rate, then "Fan" the offset.
Children
No Data
Related