Upgrade Memory of the console

Is there anyone who tried to upgrade the memory from the standard 256Mb to more and if so is it making the console faster or slower.
Parents
  • That's a complicated question. The short answer is no, but let me explain a bit so you can understand how things work.

The graphics processors in the Wholehog 3 have on-board memory, so they do not use any of the physical RAM for their processing. All of the buffering that is done by the GPUs is done using their video memory.

The desktop process is responsible for most of the Wholehog user interface and does most of the drawing of objects on the screen. This process does use the physical RAM for it's processing, just like all of the other processes do.

It seems like you may be thinking that adding memory will improve graphics performance. As I said above, I don't think you will notice any performance change if you add memory to your Hog 3.

Just so you know, we are currently working on improving display performance. Our last few releases have been focused on improving performance and stability, including improved response of both flash buttons and intensity faders. We understand how important speed is to our users and we're looking into ways to make the console even faster.
  • That's a complicated question. The short answer is no, but let me explain a bit so you can understand how things work.

The graphics processors in the Wholehog 3 have on-board memory, so they do not use any of the physical RAM for their processing. All of the buffering that is done by the GPUs is done using their video memory.

The desktop process is responsible for most of the Wholehog user interface and does most of the drawing of objects on the screen. This process does use the physical RAM for it's processing, just like all of the other processes do.

It seems like you may be thinking that adding memory will improve graphics performance. As I said above, I don't think you will notice any performance change if you add memory to your Hog 3.

Just so you know, we are currently working on improving display performance. Our last few releases have been focused on improving performance and stability, including improved response of both flash buttons and intensity faders. We understand how important speed is to our users and we're looking into ways to make the console even faster.
Children
No Data
Related