Youngest Hog 3 User?

Hello everyone, i am brand new to this forum. I am 15 and my name is Ollie. I got very interested in Lighting whilst in a production at a large theatre. Since then i have attended plasa anually aswell as visiting the BBC and ITV television studios to see what they do.

In 2004 thanks to Chris Ferrante @ Flying Pig/Highend i was invited to go down to Flying Pig's London Office and train on the newly released hog 3. I have now visited FPS London many many times and have a vast knowledge of the system and programming. Also last year i was asked by my school to tech the Lighting on the musical 'Chess' Chris kindly lent me the Hog ipc for the week to try out at my school.

Really i suppose i wanted to find out if i am indeed the youngest Hog user, but also i would love to hear from anyone who can guide me on to where to go after i leave school this year. I would really love to join a company and get trained in Lighting first hand rather than study it somewhere. Can anyone help me.

Also attached is a pic of the hog ipc console in my front room.

Thanks for reading. Ollie - 15yrs
Parents
  • Hi!
    When I was 10, I went on a cruise and first learned to ues the Hog 500 and the Whole Hog 2 along with the obsession 2. I also picked up how to program ETC and Wholehogs quite quickly. In fact, the cruise ship Voyager of the Seas by Roayl Carribean has some of my programming on it in the Viking Crown Lounge (4 Roboscan 918's, multiple source 4's with color scrollers, a hog 500). I am now 16, am purchasing a 20'x20' trussing system with 10 Mac 250 Entours, 8 Roboscan 918's, and a JBL audio system all for flying. I plan on using the hog3 iPc for the lighting grid as I will be leasing to local production companies to run their lighting. I had to reply to this as i think i was one of the youngest ETC Expression 3 programmers. I learned to program it when i was 7 on a cruise (ive gone on about 17 now, this is how i got into lighting in the first place).

So yeah, im going to need to find some place for storage soon :)

Matt
  • Hi!
    When I was 10, I went on a cruise and first learned to ues the Hog 500 and the Whole Hog 2 along with the obsession 2. I also picked up how to program ETC and Wholehogs quite quickly. In fact, the cruise ship Voyager of the Seas by Roayl Carribean has some of my programming on it in the Viking Crown Lounge (4 Roboscan 918's, multiple source 4's with color scrollers, a hog 500). I am now 16, am purchasing a 20'x20' trussing system with 10 Mac 250 Entours, 8 Roboscan 918's, and a JBL audio system all for flying. I plan on using the hog3 iPc for the lighting grid as I will be leasing to local production companies to run their lighting. I had to reply to this as i think i was one of the youngest ETC Expression 3 programmers. I learned to program it when i was 7 on a cruise (ive gone on about 17 now, this is how i got into lighting in the first place).

So yeah, im going to need to find some place for storage soon :)

Matt
Children
No Data
Related