Working with scenes

I have a request concerning scenes.

I use scenes as building blocks, I make a look that I would like to re-use and then store it as a scene.

At the moment I'm using the syntax: [scene] 1 [copy] [enter], which will load the scene into the programmer and then I record it to a cue list with [record] [enter].

What I'm looking for is a syntax like:

[scene] 1 [copy] [choose]

This should add a new cue to the cue list containing all the information (pallets, timing, effects, etc) stored in the scene. It would be very cool if also the name of the scene could be transferred to be the name of the cue.

Gertjan Houben
Moving Lights Support
gertjan@showside.com
Parents
  • Gertjan,

Based on our current syntax model, the command:
    Scene 1 Copy Choose

would create a copy of Scene 1 as the next available scene and try to attach that scene to the master that you choose.

I think more logical syntax options would be:
    Scene 1 Copy Cue 10/15 Enter
    Scene 1 Copy Cue 15 Enter
    Scene 1 Copy Cue Choose

These would allow you to copy a scene to a specified cue on a specified master, a specified cue on the chosen master, or the next available cue on the master you choose.

Feature request #8864 discusses more interchangability when moving and copying between scenes and cues. I've added your comments to this enhancement.

Thanks.
  • Gertjan,

Based on our current syntax model, the command:
    Scene 1 Copy Choose

would create a copy of Scene 1 as the next available scene and try to attach that scene to the master that you choose.

I think more logical syntax options would be:
    Scene 1 Copy Cue 10/15 Enter
    Scene 1 Copy Cue 15 Enter
    Scene 1 Copy Cue Choose

These would allow you to copy a scene to a specified cue on a specified master, a specified cue on the chosen master, or the next available cue on the master you choose.

Feature request #8864 discusses more interchangability when moving and copying between scenes and cues. I've added your comments to this enhancement.

Thanks.
Children
No Data
Related