Capture DMX IN

Hi All

Is it possible to capture DMX in on the Hog3 like on the Hog2?

Thanks

Regards¨

Shane
Parents
  • Thanks for the response Eric.

I'm obviously disappointed to hear that - two years later - this still sounds like it's at the bottom of the list.

With the obvious structural improvements that have been made in the software and with the long-overdue ArtNet capability coming, this seems like a feature set that adds a huge amount of potential control capabilities to Hog end-users.

While I have the utmost respect for the finite resources you have at your disposal, I see so much opportunity for this to be a ground-breaking feature. Going beyond the basic capture and poor man's expansion wing concepts, this could be a link that allows us - the users - to easily create remote solutions without having to expose an API of any kind.

Take for example the iPhone. With the App Store online for less than a month, there is already an application that allows basic lighting control over an ArtNet link. With a decent DMX input interface, I could not only access level controls remotely, but possibly map specific input channels to macros or specific commands.

So, I guess my point is that I wanted to revisit the issue since the last comment I could find was two years old. The console is in a much different place now than it was two years ago. With new features now making a comeback and the bug reports coming in at a bit slower clip, this is definitely one of the features I would vote for in my personal top ten.

Hope that all made sense.

Thanks for reading.

Phil
  • Thanks for the response Eric.

I'm obviously disappointed to hear that - two years later - this still sounds like it's at the bottom of the list.

With the obvious structural improvements that have been made in the software and with the long-overdue ArtNet capability coming, this seems like a feature set that adds a huge amount of potential control capabilities to Hog end-users.

While I have the utmost respect for the finite resources you have at your disposal, I see so much opportunity for this to be a ground-breaking feature. Going beyond the basic capture and poor man's expansion wing concepts, this could be a link that allows us - the users - to easily create remote solutions without having to expose an API of any kind.

Take for example the iPhone. With the App Store online for less than a month, there is already an application that allows basic lighting control over an ArtNet link. With a decent DMX input interface, I could not only access level controls remotely, but possibly map specific input channels to macros or specific commands.

So, I guess my point is that I wanted to revisit the issue since the last comment I could find was two years old. The console is in a much different place now than it was two years ago. With new features now making a comeback and the bug reports coming in at a bit slower clip, this is definitely one of the features I would vote for in my personal top ten.

Hope that all made sense.

Thanks for reading.

Phil
Children
No Data
Related