Few requests

Hi,

I got few suggestions to make and hopefully I'm not repeating someone's requests all over again.

1) Could we have this command " Record Cue X Time X Enter "
Well, I felt that this way is much faster then recording a cue, then change the timing.

2) There used to a command " X @ Enter " to bring a channel to 0%. Why is it taken away? It save you a keystoke of having to push the 0 button. :D Just being lazy.

3) As for patching, if I'm working with house dimmers and there are dimmer that are labelled 791 (which is 2/279), I will have to do a lot of calculations just to convert them before I can patch them. :aiwebs_007: I hope to be able to patch without having to spend time on converting the numbers.

4) I feel that there should be an option to turn on/off the tracking for timings. Time tracking is useful but sometimes, it doesn't work especially on Theatrical shows. You get confuse over the actual timing of the next when you start changing the contents of cues or deleting them without tracking the changes forward.
Parents
  • [quote=teerickson]

4) I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about. Time doesn't really track, per se. Since the value is never changing for a parameter that is tracking, there really isn't any timing information since a crossfade isn't happening. Can you give me an example of what you're talking about?

Well, lets say I record Cue 1 with Ch 1 @ 50 and Ch 2 @ FL. I give the cue a fade time of 3 sec. In Cue 2 Ch 1 goes to FL in a time of 5 sec. I decided to delete Cue 1 with track forward disabled. Now Cue 2 will have a time of 5 and 3 sec, since Ch 2 has a 3 sec value for time from Cue 1. I hope I have painted out a simple but clear example.

Well as for @ enter, I agree with jxgriffi cos I also like to keep my fingers on the keypad when I'm working with intensity. I think the number of times when you will use @ enter is more than the number of times you will mis-type and hit undo to revert back. But then, it's still up to the rest of the community to vote for it. :dunno:

I also realise that when a fixture is unpatched, you can't use the gel picker and convert the value from Hue and Sat to CMY by touching the one of the CMY wheel. It only works when the fixture is patched. :confused:
  • [quote=teerickson]

4) I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about. Time doesn't really track, per se. Since the value is never changing for a parameter that is tracking, there really isn't any timing information since a crossfade isn't happening. Can you give me an example of what you're talking about?

Well, lets say I record Cue 1 with Ch 1 @ 50 and Ch 2 @ FL. I give the cue a fade time of 3 sec. In Cue 2 Ch 1 goes to FL in a time of 5 sec. I decided to delete Cue 1 with track forward disabled. Now Cue 2 will have a time of 5 and 3 sec, since Ch 2 has a 3 sec value for time from Cue 1. I hope I have painted out a simple but clear example.

Well as for @ enter, I agree with jxgriffi cos I also like to keep my fingers on the keypad when I'm working with intensity. I think the number of times when you will use @ enter is more than the number of times you will mis-type and hit undo to revert back. But then, it's still up to the rest of the community to vote for it. :dunno:

I also realise that when a fixture is unpatched, you can't use the gel picker and convert the value from Hue and Sat to CMY by touching the one of the CMY wheel. It only works when the fixture is patched. :confused:
Children
No Data
Related