Sending Midi-command on Wholehog 3

Hello!

I have a pretty strange question that probably has a really easy answer. I'm trying to start (PLAY) a Harddriverecorder / player (Alesis HD24) from a Wholehog 3 desk. I have previously started this machine from a sound console (Yamaha DM2000) via MIDI (MMC) and this has worked flawlessly. The PC running the HogPC software has a M-audio Midisport 1x1.

Now to the problem: I have registered the start command sent from the DM2000 on a PC using a MIDI-view Software. The command HEX sent looks like this:

7F 01 06 07 F7

When entering this HEX in the Wholehog in the form of a MS command it looks like this:

MSh1/7F 01 06 07 F7

I have also tried:

MSi1/7F 01 06 07 F7

None of the commandlines are able to start (PLAY) the harddrive. When reading the MIDI-command the Wholehog is sending it reads like this:

7F 01 02 01 01 32 00 31 00 F7

Is there anyone who can help me with this???

Regards,
Nalle Vikström
Sweden
Parents
  • Hello Nalle, I have looked at your issue and I think the command you are seeing from the Hog is a MSC Go for Cue 2 of Cuelist 1.

I was able to get the message you needed sent from the Hog with the following syntax

MSh1/f0 7f 01 06 07 f7

Playing the cue with the Output Midi String Macro above will also send the MSC Go command for the cue, which is what you were originally seeing. In the Cuelist Options window there is an option to Suppress MSC Out, this will only allow the Midi Macro to be sent and not the MSC Go for the Cue.

Thanks,
    Mitch
  • Hello Nalle, I have looked at your issue and I think the command you are seeing from the Hog is a MSC Go for Cue 2 of Cuelist 1.

I was able to get the message you needed sent from the Hog with the following syntax

MSh1/f0 7f 01 06 07 f7

Playing the cue with the Output Midi String Macro above will also send the MSC Go command for the cue, which is what you were originally seeing. In the Cuelist Options window there is an option to Suppress MSC Out, this will only allow the Midi Macro to be sent and not the MSC Go for the Cue.

Thanks,
    Mitch
Children
No Data
Related