Sending Midi-command on Wholehog 3

Hello!

I have a pretty strange question that probably has a really easy answer. I'm trying to start (PLAY) a Harddriverecorder / player (Alesis HD24) from a Wholehog 3 desk. I have previously started this machine from a sound console (Yamaha DM2000) via MIDI (MMC) and this has worked flawlessly. The PC running the HogPC software has a M-audio Midisport 1x1.

Now to the problem: I have registered the start command sent from the DM2000 on a PC using a MIDI-view Software. The command HEX sent looks like this:

7F 01 06 07 F7

When entering this HEX in the Wholehog in the form of a MS command it looks like this:

MSh1/7F 01 06 07 F7

I have also tried:

MSi1/7F 01 06 07 F7

None of the commandlines are able to start (PLAY) the harddrive. When reading the MIDI-command the Wholehog is sending it reads like this:

7F 01 02 01 01 32 00 31 00 F7

Is there anyone who can help me with this???

Regards,
Nalle Vikström
Sweden
Parents
  • Nalle,

Mitch is absolutely correct.

There is also a way to disable MSC out for all cuelists, if you'd like. This will not interfere with sending MIDI strings.

Setup -> Network
    Click on the Hog3 Console.
    Click the Settings button.
    On the MIDI tab, deselect MSC Out.

Another thing that I noticed is that your MMC command string is to send a Record Exit (punch out) command. I'm not sure if this is what your device is expecting, but it would make more sense to me if you were sending a play message.

This would be the syntax to send a MMC Play message to device 1 from the Wholehog 3 console:

MSh1/f0 7f 01 06 02 f7

I hope this helps.
  • Nalle,

Mitch is absolutely correct.

There is also a way to disable MSC out for all cuelists, if you'd like. This will not interfere with sending MIDI strings.

Setup -> Network
    Click on the Hog3 Console.
    Click the Settings button.
    On the MIDI tab, deselect MSC Out.

Another thing that I noticed is that your MMC command string is to send a Record Exit (punch out) command. I'm not sure if this is what your device is expecting, but it would make more sense to me if you were sending a play message.

This would be the syntax to send a MMC Play message to device 1 from the Wholehog 3 console:

MSh1/f0 7f 01 06 02 f7

I hope this helps.
Children
No Data
Related