Sending Midi-command on Wholehog 3

Hello!

I have a pretty strange question that probably has a really easy answer. I'm trying to start (PLAY) a Harddriverecorder / player (Alesis HD24) from a Wholehog 3 desk. I have previously started this machine from a sound console (Yamaha DM2000) via MIDI (MMC) and this has worked flawlessly. The PC running the HogPC software has a M-audio Midisport 1x1.

Now to the problem: I have registered the start command sent from the DM2000 on a PC using a MIDI-view Software. The command HEX sent looks like this:

7F 01 06 07 F7

When entering this HEX in the Wholehog in the form of a MS command it looks like this:

MSh1/7F 01 06 07 F7

I have also tried:

MSi1/7F 01 06 07 F7

None of the commandlines are able to start (PLAY) the harddrive. When reading the MIDI-command the Wholehog is sending it reads like this:

7F 01 02 01 01 32 00 31 00 F7

Is there anyone who can help me with this???

Regards,
Nalle Vikström
Sweden
Parents
  • Thank you both for the quick replies!
    I am now a little wiser about the MSC function of the Wholhog 3.
    Now for the $10 000 question/problem:

I have entered the above mentioned syntaxes in the Macros field in the cuelist and the Wholehog has accepted the format although it removes the zeroes in 01 06 02, becoming 1 6 2. I believe this to be normal?

When running the cues and MSC is enabled I can get a readout from the MIDI which looks like a standard MSC message (mentioned above) however, there is no sign of the midistring entered into the macros field. When supressing MSC the readout from the MIDI is nonexistant.

Is there something I have to do to enable MIDIsyntax in the Cuelist?

Thank you for all your help!

Regards
    Nalle
  • Thank you both for the quick replies!
    I am now a little wiser about the MSC function of the Wholhog 3.
    Now for the $10 000 question/problem:

I have entered the above mentioned syntaxes in the Macros field in the cuelist and the Wholehog has accepted the format although it removes the zeroes in 01 06 02, becoming 1 6 2. I believe this to be normal?

When running the cues and MSC is enabled I can get a readout from the MIDI which looks like a standard MSC message (mentioned above) however, there is no sign of the midistring entered into the macros field. When supressing MSC the readout from the MIDI is nonexistant.

Is there something I have to do to enable MIDIsyntax in the Cuelist?

Thank you for all your help!

Regards
    Nalle
Children
No Data
Related