Sending Midi-command on Wholehog 3

Hello!

I have a pretty strange question that probably has a really easy answer. I'm trying to start (PLAY) a Harddriverecorder / player (Alesis HD24) from a Wholehog 3 desk. I have previously started this machine from a sound console (Yamaha DM2000) via MIDI (MMC) and this has worked flawlessly. The PC running the HogPC software has a M-audio Midisport 1x1.

Now to the problem: I have registered the start command sent from the DM2000 on a PC using a MIDI-view Software. The command HEX sent looks like this:

7F 01 06 07 F7

When entering this HEX in the Wholehog in the form of a MS command it looks like this:

MSh1/7F 01 06 07 F7

I have also tried:

MSi1/7F 01 06 07 F7

None of the commandlines are able to start (PLAY) the harddrive. When reading the MIDI-command the Wholehog is sending it reads like this:

7F 01 02 01 01 32 00 31 00 F7

Is there anyone who can help me with this???

Regards,
Nalle Vikström
Sweden
Parents
  • Hello, if the cue syntax is sent, the the MIDI string should be sent as well.

Is there any chance you have the console set to a different number than what is being used in the MIDI string?

For example if the following syntax is used, MSh1/f0 7f 01 06 02 f7, this message will only be sent out if the console is set to console number 1.

In the start show window there is a button called SETTING, select this and there will be options for the Console Number and Port Number, check to see if the console is set to number 1.

Thanks,
    Mitch
  • Hello, if the cue syntax is sent, the the MIDI string should be sent as well.

Is there any chance you have the console set to a different number than what is being used in the MIDI string?

For example if the following syntax is used, MSh1/f0 7f 01 06 02 f7, this message will only be sent out if the console is set to console number 1.

In the start show window there is a button called SETTING, select this and there will be options for the Console Number and Port Number, check to see if the console is set to number 1.

Thanks,
    Mitch
Children
No Data
Related