Sending Midi-command on Wholehog 3

Hello!

I have a pretty strange question that probably has a really easy answer. I'm trying to start (PLAY) a Harddriverecorder / player (Alesis HD24) from a Wholehog 3 desk. I have previously started this machine from a sound console (Yamaha DM2000) via MIDI (MMC) and this has worked flawlessly. The PC running the HogPC software has a M-audio Midisport 1x1.

Now to the problem: I have registered the start command sent from the DM2000 on a PC using a MIDI-view Software. The command HEX sent looks like this:

7F 01 06 07 F7

When entering this HEX in the Wholehog in the form of a MS command it looks like this:

MSh1/7F 01 06 07 F7

I have also tried:

MSi1/7F 01 06 07 F7

None of the commandlines are able to start (PLAY) the harddrive. When reading the MIDI-command the Wholehog is sending it reads like this:

7F 01 02 01 01 32 00 31 00 F7

Is there anyone who can help me with this???

Regards,
Nalle Vikström
Sweden
Parents
  • Nalle,

What software version are you currently using?
    I don't recall that we've had any problems with MIDI strings lately, but I'd be glad to try and duplicate your setup here in our test lab.

How are you arriving at the conclusion that the string from the comment macro isn't being sent? Are you using something to view your data, or just inferring this because your receiving device isn't working?

To offer a couple of points of clarification:

1) MSC Out does not have to be enabled to send MIDI strings using comment macros.

2) The syntax for the MIDI string begins with the format MSh1.
    MS = MIDI String comment macro
    h = Send output from the console. This could also be i if you are using one of our MIDI / Timecode processor rack units.
    1 = The network number of the device to send from. Mitch described above how to determine this on the console. On the MIDI / Timecode processor this is the large number displayed on the screen during normal operation.

MSh1 is the most common variation, but it may not be correct for your setup.
  • Nalle,

What software version are you currently using?
    I don't recall that we've had any problems with MIDI strings lately, but I'd be glad to try and duplicate your setup here in our test lab.

How are you arriving at the conclusion that the string from the comment macro isn't being sent? Are you using something to view your data, or just inferring this because your receiving device isn't working?

To offer a couple of points of clarification:

1) MSC Out does not have to be enabled to send MIDI strings using comment macros.

2) The syntax for the MIDI string begins with the format MSh1.
    MS = MIDI String comment macro
    h = Send output from the console. This could also be i if you are using one of our MIDI / Timecode processor rack units.
    1 = The network number of the device to send from. Mitch described above how to determine this on the console. On the MIDI / Timecode processor this is the large number displayed on the screen during normal operation.

MSh1 is the most common variation, but it may not be correct for your setup.
Children
No Data
Related