Sending Midi-command on Wholehog 3

Hello!

I have a pretty strange question that probably has a really easy answer. I'm trying to start (PLAY) a Harddriverecorder / player (Alesis HD24) from a Wholehog 3 desk. I have previously started this machine from a sound console (Yamaha DM2000) via MIDI (MMC) and this has worked flawlessly. The PC running the HogPC software has a M-audio Midisport 1x1.

Now to the problem: I have registered the start command sent from the DM2000 on a PC using a MIDI-view Software. The command HEX sent looks like this:

7F 01 06 07 F7

When entering this HEX in the Wholehog in the form of a MS command it looks like this:

MSh1/7F 01 06 07 F7

I have also tried:

MSi1/7F 01 06 07 F7

None of the commandlines are able to start (PLAY) the harddrive. When reading the MIDI-command the Wholehog is sending it reads like this:

7F 01 02 01 01 32 00 31 00 F7

Is there anyone who can help me with this???

Regards,
Nalle Vikström
Sweden
Parents
  • Hello again guys!

Thanks for all your help with this problem.

The software version we're using is 1.4.1.1129.
    The Device ID in the settings window is nr 1.

I have connected the MIDI out from the console to MIDI IN on a computer running a program called MIDIview which lets you see all I/O traffic over a user-specified MIDI-interface. First I connected the Yamaha DM2000 to get the working MIDI-string which I have used for some time. The software got the MIDI-string and also a few other MIDI-strings that I tried to send from the Yamaha.

I then disconnected the Yamaha desk and plugged in the Wholehog, With the same cables. When MSC is enabled i get the MSC-code, no problem, and the value changes as it should depending on the cue-list number, but the MSxxxxxxxxx syntax is nowhere to be seen.

In otger words; I'm able to see the MSC-MIDIcommands sent by the Wholehog software, but not the standard MIDI-strings.

I've tried using a Dell PC running the wholehog software and a M-audio MIDI-interface, and I've also tried using an IPC but the results are the same. I've also checked and re-checked the syntax for any errors on my part, but everything looks ok.

Soo... I hope you can still help me! :)

Regards,
    Nalle
  • Hello again guys!

Thanks for all your help with this problem.

The software version we're using is 1.4.1.1129.
    The Device ID in the settings window is nr 1.

I have connected the MIDI out from the console to MIDI IN on a computer running a program called MIDIview which lets you see all I/O traffic over a user-specified MIDI-interface. First I connected the Yamaha DM2000 to get the working MIDI-string which I have used for some time. The software got the MIDI-string and also a few other MIDI-strings that I tried to send from the Yamaha.

I then disconnected the Yamaha desk and plugged in the Wholehog, With the same cables. When MSC is enabled i get the MSC-code, no problem, and the value changes as it should depending on the cue-list number, but the MSxxxxxxxxx syntax is nowhere to be seen.

In otger words; I'm able to see the MSC-MIDIcommands sent by the Wholehog software, but not the standard MIDI-strings.

I've tried using a Dell PC running the wholehog software and a M-audio MIDI-interface, and I've also tried using an IPC but the results are the same. I've also checked and re-checked the syntax for any errors on my part, but everything looks ok.

Soo... I hope you can still help me! :)

Regards,
    Nalle
Children
No Data
Related