"Random" Chases

This might have been discussed before, but here it goes...
If I create a list of cues and set that list up as a "Random" chase, is the timing between the cues random as well as the cues themselves? This question is based on how to create a good fire effect or flicker effect, like a flickering flourescent. The Random1, 2, and 3 that are in the effects engine default choices are nice, but there is a very noticable pattern to them. Is there a pattern in Random chases too? If so, is there a way to add some sort of random timing function to effects?
Parents
  • Brad,

This is similar to how I created random flickers before, only I just make a cuelist with three cues. Each cue is the fixture in a random intensity effect from the effects engine, but each one has a slightly different rate or I might even set one at Random 1, then the others at Random 2 or 3, and so on. Then I set the cuelist to a Random Chase. I was just curious about the possibilty of adding a more random ability in the OS, like a Random Rate. This comes from my years using an Expression, which has a Random Rate attribute in it's chases. It asks for a low rate and a high rate, then it randomly adjusts the rate of the chase between the two...leaving no pattern. This kind of thing probably isn't needed much in Live entertainment, but in film it's used a bunch.
  • Brad,

This is similar to how I created random flickers before, only I just make a cuelist with three cues. Each cue is the fixture in a random intensity effect from the effects engine, but each one has a slightly different rate or I might even set one at Random 1, then the others at Random 2 or 3, and so on. Then I set the cuelist to a Random Chase. I was just curious about the possibilty of adding a more random ability in the OS, like a Random Rate. This comes from my years using an Expression, which has a Random Rate attribute in it's chases. It asks for a low rate and a high rate, then it randomly adjusts the rate of the chase between the two...leaving no pattern. This kind of thing probably isn't needed much in Live entertainment, but in film it's used a bunch.
Children
No Data
Related