Wholehog 3 wireless connection

We've got Wholehog 3 with ethernet connection with DMX processor.
Now we've got a necessaty to connect its through an air, because where is no possibility to use a cable (a water stage). The distance is 100 meters. We use linksys wireless bridges (802.1 b&g) and directed antenas. It works well until you connect Wholehog 3. Ping increase from 1 ms till 1500-3000 ms.
How to solve this problem? Is it possible to use wireless bridges in this system?
Parents
  • I have been playing with this recently and have found that beyond a certain range the data speeds drop below that which will allow for the DP's to connect to the server. Wireless ArtNet appears to be more tolerant of the weaker signals and poorer data rates. I found that by playing with the settings of the wireless bridge I could improve things. One thing which did curiously, was removing the security encryption of the link. I have been using 7 dbi antennas. I'm sure Jason will clarify for you the minimum sustainable data rates you will need to achieve.

Ross

• I have been playing with this recently and have found that beyond a certain range the data speeds drop below that which will allow for the DP's to connect to the server. Wireless ArtNet appears to be more tolerant of the weaker signals and poorer data rates. I found that by playing with the settings of the wireless bridge I could improve things. One thing which did curiously, was removing the security encryption of the link. I have been using 7 dbi antennas. I'm sure Jason will clarify for you the minimum sustainable data rates you will need to achieve.

Ross

Children
No Data
Related