Programming question

I am running the HOG III platform on the HOGIPC and I was wondering what seems to be an easy question but I cannot figure it out. Can I assign a single parameter of a moving fixture (ie: cyan, magenta, yellow, gobo wheel, whatever) to a fader and control just that parameter, like you can with the intensity parameter? any help would be appreciated. apologies in advance if this is a lame question......new programmer (me)

chris
Parents
  • Amir,

Thanks for your kind words. As you know, I try to get everyone here the answers they are looking for as quickly as possible. I was out of the office last week and left the forums in the capable hands of Brad and Scott. I'm back now and should be around until I head off to PLASA in a few weeks.

Chris,

Amir's description of IPCB scenes is absolutely correct.

In my opinion, there are two things that make this feature extremely powerful. First, you have manual control of parameters on a fader so that you can take them to whatever level you need in whatever time you need. Second, the fade happens smoothly from whatever the current value is for the parameters on-stage. This means that you can put just about anything on a handle and fade gracefully into and out of it as needed whether it is a color, a ballyhoo, or anything you may need.
  • Amir,

Thanks for your kind words. As you know, I try to get everyone here the answers they are looking for as quickly as possible. I was out of the office last week and left the forums in the capable hands of Brad and Scott. I'm back now and should be around until I head off to PLASA in a few weeks.

Chris,

Amir's description of IPCB scenes is absolutely correct.

In my opinion, there are two things that make this feature extremely powerful. First, you have manual control of parameters on a fader so that you can take them to whatever level you need in whatever time you need. Second, the fade happens smoothly from whatever the current value is for the parameters on-stage. This means that you can put just about anything on a handle and fade gracefully into and out of it as needed whether it is a color, a ballyhoo, or anything you may need.
Children
No Data
Related