Control parameters in palettes

Is it just my imagination, or can I not store a control parameter in a palette?

Here's my problem: I have a new installation with some VLs and Cybers. While I'm building cues, there is still some work going on with power and control wiring to the Cybers, so I'm occasionally asked to power down a fixture, or send a home command to a fixture that a tech is working on. Since sending a "home" or a "shutdown" control command alone does not work on the Cybers due to the simultaneous needs of the intensity channel, I've built a list that I run as a VM to handle home and shutdown. But, while in building cues, I don't want to run the list and have all my Cybers home or shutdown. I can work around this by capturing the control channel first, then running the list, but this is a nuisance while building cues. On a Hog 2, I would create a palette with the control channel levels (or a series of palettes for the Cyber necessities), then select the fixture and apply the palette(s). Unfortunately, I can't get a control in a palette on the Hog iPC (running version 1.4.1).

Has anybody found a cleaner way to do this?
Parents
  • Jim,

There currently isn't a way to record control data into palettes. It can be recorded into cues, but not palettes. There are a number of improvements currently logged for the handling of control functions. Ideally, selecting a control function should perform that function (even if it involves multiple steps) and then restore the fixture to an idle state. If the control function requires setting values on other channels (like strobe or intensity, for example) then the previously set values should also be restored.
  • Jim,

There currently isn't a way to record control data into palettes. It can be recorded into cues, but not palettes. There are a number of improvements currently logged for the handling of control functions. Ideally, selecting a control function should perform that function (even if it involves multiple steps) and then restore the fixture to an idle state. If the control function requires setting values on other channels (like strobe or intensity, for example) then the previously set values should also be restored.
Children
No Data
Related