HogIII performance... shaking Movinglights.

Hello everyone

I just started a tour with 20 Elp60 Led-sticks, five MAC 700 and a few conventionals. That gives me about 1400 DMX channels...since I'm running the LED-sticks in 60channel mode. (Yes I want and I need it that way!).
And there is the problem: first I had everything on one DP, first universe 480xLED, sec. univ. 480xLED, 3rd univ. 240xLED plus ML and conv..... well when I swopped all LED, for example from red to blue, it took the console about a half a second to react, plus on fast programming the console crashed! Nework problems! To slow for rock n'roll!... well ok. I changed from one DP to two DP's, moved one of the LED universes to DP two and I changed the Software from build 1014 to 1053. That helped already a lot, the performance improved.
So far so good, but then: when I ran an effect on the LED's and I did a slow move on the ML they start to shake and do no more nice moves they shake from on position to the next... impossible to accept.
So I changed the universes again, now I run 960chans LED on DP one and the rest on DP two 240LED, plus ML etc. Well the ML are better now, not good but I can live with it, but I'm having the old delay on the LED's again and I have a delay between the two DP's!
Maybe this is all normal, but what can we do about it?

Anyone an Idea?

greetz

Michael
Parents
  • Michael,

The key factor for performance isn't how many channels are patched to a DP2000, it's how many crossfades are running concurrently. 4 full universes of LED fixtures running a colour effect will take far more processing power than 4 full universes of media servers that are just playing back videos.

It's important to try to balance your load between the DP2000s on your network. Wholehog 3 is a distributed realtime processing environment where all devices are communicating with each other to stay in sync. If your DP2000s are unevenly loaded, you will have more issues with heavily loaded DPs being behind others.

I hope this helps.
  • Michael,

The key factor for performance isn't how many channels are patched to a DP2000, it's how many crossfades are running concurrently. 4 full universes of LED fixtures running a colour effect will take far more processing power than 4 full universes of media servers that are just playing back videos.

It's important to try to balance your load between the DP2000s on your network. Wholehog 3 is a distributed realtime processing environment where all devices are communicating with each other to stay in sync. If your DP2000s are unevenly loaded, you will have more issues with heavily loaded DPs being behind others.

I hope this helps.
Children
No Data
Related