HogIII performance... shaking Movinglights.

Hello everyone

I just started a tour with 20 Elp60 Led-sticks, five MAC 700 and a few conventionals. That gives me about 1400 DMX channels...since I'm running the LED-sticks in 60channel mode. (Yes I want and I need it that way!).
And there is the problem: first I had everything on one DP, first universe 480xLED, sec. univ. 480xLED, 3rd univ. 240xLED plus ML and conv..... well when I swopped all LED, for example from red to blue, it took the console about a half a second to react, plus on fast programming the console crashed! Nework problems! To slow for rock n'roll!... well ok. I changed from one DP to two DP's, moved one of the LED universes to DP two and I changed the Software from build 1014 to 1053. That helped already a lot, the performance improved.
So far so good, but then: when I ran an effect on the LED's and I did a slow move on the ML they start to shake and do no more nice moves they shake from on position to the next... impossible to accept.
So I changed the universes again, now I run 960chans LED on DP one and the rest on DP two 240LED, plus ML etc. Well the ML are better now, not good but I can live with it, but I'm having the old delay on the LED's again and I have a delay between the two DP's!
Maybe this is all normal, but what can we do about it?

Anyone an Idea?

greetz

Michael
Parents
  • Michael

I too have seen this problem before, and I am facing it again on another show I'm working on.

I've got 600 LED channels loaded across two universes on a single DP. I have a second DP to handle all my MLs, etc.

When I run really big FX I am seeing some "stutter" in the DMX output on the LED DP. The ML DP is unaffected. Interestingly enough if I run a complicated Effect from the Effects Generator, I see the slowdown occur. When I run a 150+ step chase the output is totally smooth. This is probably related to what Tom is talking about with the number of crossfades occuring at the same time.

My workaround is to build as many FX as I can using chases vs the FX generator....not ideal I agree, but it seems to help quite a lot for now.
  • Michael

I too have seen this problem before, and I am facing it again on another show I'm working on.

I've got 600 LED channels loaded across two universes on a single DP. I have a second DP to handle all my MLs, etc.

When I run really big FX I am seeing some "stutter" in the DMX output on the LED DP. The ML DP is unaffected. Interestingly enough if I run a complicated Effect from the Effects Generator, I see the slowdown occur. When I run a 150+ step chase the output is totally smooth. This is probably related to what Tom is talking about with the number of crossfades occuring at the same time.

My workaround is to build as many FX as I can using chases vs the FX generator....not ideal I agree, but it seems to help quite a lot for now.
Children
No Data
Related