HogIII performance... shaking Movinglights.

Hello everyone

I just started a tour with 20 Elp60 Led-sticks, five MAC 700 and a few conventionals. That gives me about 1400 DMX channels...since I'm running the LED-sticks in 60channel mode. (Yes I want and I need it that way!).
And there is the problem: first I had everything on one DP, first universe 480xLED, sec. univ. 480xLED, 3rd univ. 240xLED plus ML and conv..... well when I swopped all LED, for example from red to blue, it took the console about a half a second to react, plus on fast programming the console crashed! Nework problems! To slow for rock n'roll!... well ok. I changed from one DP to two DP's, moved one of the LED universes to DP two and I changed the Software from build 1014 to 1053. That helped already a lot, the performance improved.
So far so good, but then: when I ran an effect on the LED's and I did a slow move on the ML they start to shake and do no more nice moves they shake from on position to the next... impossible to accept.
So I changed the universes again, now I run 960chans LED on DP one and the rest on DP two 240LED, plus ML etc. Well the ML are better now, not good but I can live with it, but I'm having the old delay on the LED's again and I have a delay between the two DP's!
Maybe this is all normal, but what can we do about it?

Anyone an Idea?

greetz

Michael
Parents
  • Tom,

I finally uploaded my showfile..
    I've head meanwhile a few different Problems on the Hog, one of the major Problem was on the HTP, somehow they get stuck once in a while, so they kind of disappear, they are there, just don't work anymore... sometimes they work still on the flash, but not on the fader... really strange... the only workaround I found during the show (where I can't do a restart) is, to make a copy of the cue in the Q-directory and move them new in the Playback.

Marty,

Chases will not work for me.. I bump between waves and strobes and all kind of stuff around... which i could never programm in a chase.. sorry.. I the end of it its all a question of performance from the console, the DP's, the software or whatever.. no more compromises!

To all,

Just yesterday and today I'm programming on another show, a quite simple Timecode-thing, I won't even start to tell you about the Problems there, its very bad.. actually its unbelievable! I saw the software on there is still the 1014, I want to change to 1053 today, maybe that helps a little. For the moment is just the the highend-download server down...

In Switzerland are quite a few HOGIII's running even more the Grand-MA's and soon probably more then HOG2's.
    What I want to say is, I don't want any workarounds anymore.. we need solutions and we need them now! I like the HOGIII, but sometimes it's very hard to stand behind a product with so many problems.. Sorry!

greetz

Michael
  • Tom,

I finally uploaded my showfile..
    I've head meanwhile a few different Problems on the Hog, one of the major Problem was on the HTP, somehow they get stuck once in a while, so they kind of disappear, they are there, just don't work anymore... sometimes they work still on the flash, but not on the fader... really strange... the only workaround I found during the show (where I can't do a restart) is, to make a copy of the cue in the Q-directory and move them new in the Playback.

Marty,

Chases will not work for me.. I bump between waves and strobes and all kind of stuff around... which i could never programm in a chase.. sorry.. I the end of it its all a question of performance from the console, the DP's, the software or whatever.. no more compromises!

To all,

Just yesterday and today I'm programming on another show, a quite simple Timecode-thing, I won't even start to tell you about the Problems there, its very bad.. actually its unbelievable! I saw the software on there is still the 1014, I want to change to 1053 today, maybe that helps a little. For the moment is just the the highend-download server down...

In Switzerland are quite a few HOGIII's running even more the Grand-MA's and soon probably more then HOG2's.
    What I want to say is, I don't want any workarounds anymore.. we need solutions and we need them now! I like the HOGIII, but sometimes it's very hard to stand behind a product with so many problems.. Sorry!

greetz

Michael
Children
No Data
Related