HogIII performance... shaking Movinglights.

Hello everyone

I just started a tour with 20 Elp60 Led-sticks, five MAC 700 and a few conventionals. That gives me about 1400 DMX channels...since I'm running the LED-sticks in 60channel mode. (Yes I want and I need it that way!).
And there is the problem: first I had everything on one DP, first universe 480xLED, sec. univ. 480xLED, 3rd univ. 240xLED plus ML and conv..... well when I swopped all LED, for example from red to blue, it took the console about a half a second to react, plus on fast programming the console crashed! Nework problems! To slow for rock n'roll!... well ok. I changed from one DP to two DP's, moved one of the LED universes to DP two and I changed the Software from build 1014 to 1053. That helped already a lot, the performance improved.
So far so good, but then: when I ran an effect on the LED's and I did a slow move on the ML they start to shake and do no more nice moves they shake from on position to the next... impossible to accept.
So I changed the universes again, now I run 960chans LED on DP one and the rest on DP two 240LED, plus ML etc. Well the ML are better now, not good but I can live with it, but I'm having the old delay on the LED's again and I have a delay between the two DP's!
Maybe this is all normal, but what can we do about it?

Anyone an Idea?

greetz

Michael
Parents
  • Having enough knowledge of general hardware architecture, I can understand the operation of the DP2000, I just wasn't sure if each universe has a discrete processor or if the load was distributed.
    Based on what you're saying, I would suppose the processing system is configured where the DP actually processes a DMX string with two additional bits (making it 1024) and then the output processor just truncates the extra bits before spitting out the RS422 we call DMX. I suppose it doesn't really matter now that I know.

I've got the whole concept of serial data and I am familiar with dynamic (RYSC) protocol standards.

Of course now the big question... As a a former linux and UNIX hacker, I am completely familiar with the concept of clustering. What will the future hold for us Hoggies as far as clustering multiple DMX processors together to enhance reliability and performance? So if I were to say link 4 DMX processors together to run 12 universes with load balancing on a 4th processor (hot spare).
  • Having enough knowledge of general hardware architecture, I can understand the operation of the DP2000, I just wasn't sure if each universe has a discrete processor or if the load was distributed.
    Based on what you're saying, I would suppose the processing system is configured where the DP actually processes a DMX string with two additional bits (making it 1024) and then the output processor just truncates the extra bits before spitting out the RS422 we call DMX. I suppose it doesn't really matter now that I know.

I've got the whole concept of serial data and I am familiar with dynamic (RYSC) protocol standards.

Of course now the big question... As a a former linux and UNIX hacker, I am completely familiar with the concept of clustering. What will the future hold for us Hoggies as far as clustering multiple DMX processors together to enhance reliability and performance? So if I were to say link 4 DMX processors together to run 12 universes with load balancing on a 4th processor (hot spare).
Children
No Data
Related