Hue/Saturation fades

I prefer using the hue/saturation color model for programming as suggested; however, sometimes when fading from one color to another, I don't want to see the colors that come in between although I do want a smooth looking fade. For example, when using a CMY mixing light if I fade from orange to blue, I see yellow and green during the fade, even though it would look smoother if the yellow flag faded out as the cyan flag moved in. Is there a way to manipulate the path of the cue to achieve this.
Thanks.
Parents
  • Christopher,

You can build your colours using Hue and Saturation and then touch one of the CMY encoders to change to CMY colour before you record your cue. With CMY values in your cue, the console will perform a CMY crossfade like you're looking for.

We have a couple of enhancements on the to-do list right now that discuss improvements to the fade system, including one that would allow you to specify the colour space that is used for the crossfade, regardless of how the colours were recorded.
  • Christopher,

You can build your colours using Hue and Saturation and then touch one of the CMY encoders to change to CMY colour before you record your cue. With CMY values in your cue, the console will perform a CMY crossfade like you're looking for.

We have a couple of enhancements on the to-do list right now that discuss improvements to the fade system, including one that would allow you to specify the colour space that is used for the crossfade, regardless of how the colours were recorded.
Children
No Data
Related