Hue/Saturation fades

I prefer using the hue/saturation color model for programming as suggested; however, sometimes when fading from one color to another, I don't want to see the colors that come in between although I do want a smooth looking fade. For example, when using a CMY mixing light if I fade from orange to blue, I see yellow and green during the fade, even though it would look smoother if the yellow flag faded out as the cyan flag moved in. Is there a way to manipulate the path of the cue to achieve this.
Thanks.
Parents
  • I read the entire thread that was discussed a while ago and I think simply being able to select whether you want each individual cue to crossface based on HS or CMY/RGB parameters is a great idea to implement asap for the current color system.

All of the other color model ideas, with the toothpick and spherical representation methods are good ideas, but I see them happenning in much later versions as they will definitely require more work than just adding one option.

Another note, if creating an option to specify a CMY/RGB fade path, it would be great to have this somehow worked into the Effects Engine as well. I'm trying to create an effect that goes directly from blue to orange and back and forth on some ColorBlasts without going through purple, pink, and red too. It would be great to be able to put an effect like a sine on the Hue value at 120 degress but have it fade directly between the two colors on each end of that 120 degree spectrum based on an RGB path.

I've been reading these forums for a while, but this is my first post... finally!
  • I read the entire thread that was discussed a while ago and I think simply being able to select whether you want each individual cue to crossface based on HS or CMY/RGB parameters is a great idea to implement asap for the current color system.

All of the other color model ideas, with the toothpick and spherical representation methods are good ideas, but I see them happenning in much later versions as they will definitely require more work than just adding one option.

Another note, if creating an option to specify a CMY/RGB fade path, it would be great to have this somehow worked into the Effects Engine as well. I'm trying to create an effect that goes directly from blue to orange and back and forth on some ColorBlasts without going through purple, pink, and red too. It would be great to be able to put an effect like a sine on the Hue value at 120 degress but have it fade directly between the two colors on each end of that 120 degree spectrum based on an RGB path.

I've been reading these forums for a while, but this is my first post... finally!
Children
No Data
Related