Parking an individual DMX address

I came across something and tried to figure out a way to do it. If I have multiple items patched to a single fixture (say Deskchannel 1 is patched to A1-18 for houselights) and need to turn off just one dimmer address, I don't think there's a way to do it without unpatching it or turning off the dimmer.

Is there????

If I were to have a circuit start to flicker, it would be nice to be able to park an individual DMX address without parking the entire fixture; ie turn off 1 houselight without having to unpatch it.

What do you think?

Jon
Parents
  • Jon,

I think that it would be very powerful to be able to park an individual DMX channel. The problem I see is that there isn't an easy way to display feedback for this or to indicate that a DMX address has been parked. I feel the output window would be the logical place to show that something has been parked, but its layout is designed around fixtures and functions. How would the display change if I parked the low byte pan channel of an x.Spot?

This same problem would apply to the park window, since it also displays fixtures and functions.

How do you think the user interface should function for this?

Thanks.
  • Jon,

I think that it would be very powerful to be able to park an individual DMX channel. The problem I see is that there isn't an easy way to display feedback for this or to indicate that a DMX address has been parked. I feel the output window would be the logical place to show that something has been parked, but its layout is designed around fixtures and functions. How would the display change if I parked the low byte pan channel of an x.Spot?

This same problem would apply to the park window, since it also displays fixtures and functions.

How do you think the user interface should function for this?

Thanks.
Children
No Data
Related