"oops" scene

I will soon be programming a dance show on an iPC in hog 3 mode. I was playing around with the idea of an "oops" scene in case i accidently hit the clear button and clear out the programmer.

I created a scene that has the values for a particular group of lights(in my case the works) at full. i then set the parameters for the scene to LTP, an override of 10 with a persist on overide, and default timing of 0 seconds.

for the most part this worked out alright, i programmed the lights elsewhere at 0%, or anything other than full and when i hit clear, they came right back to full.

the interesting part is when i recored a cue without changing the works, they didnt record.

anycase thats my 2 cents. If anyone has a better way for doing this, please let me know. Im always up for something new.
Parents
  • [quote=eboxer]
    the interesting part is when i recored a cue without changing the works, they didnt record.

Eric,

Of course they didn't. When you record a cue/scene you are ONLY recording what is in the programmer, not the overall output of the console.;)

If you want to grab the entire ouput you need to do Live + Suck to put it all in the programmer.

Keep in mind you can also record "Selected" from the programmer as well, and not necessarily all the values there.

One of the many many features that has made the FPS products stand out from others.

Hope this helps.:friday:
  • [quote=eboxer]

Eric,

Of course they didn't. When you record a cue/scene you are ONLY recording what is in the programmer, not the overall output of the console.;)

If you want to grab the entire ouput you need to do Live + Suck to put it all in the programmer.

Keep in mind you can also record "Selected" from the programmer as well, and not necessarily all the values there.

One of the many many features that has made the FPS products stand out from others.

Hope this helps.:friday:
Children
No Data
Related