Phoning it in! HogIII control via internet!

How do I control the now totally networkable HogIII family via the ethernet? My grasp of networking is fair, so I'd like to know what the setup would be for this (i.e. where do I look up the IP addresses of the hardware and how to make the settings so I can be on one stage with an internet connection and a laptop and control another show.) Not too complicated, it would seem, but as a relative noob when it comes to that (the curse of the everything happens like magic Macuser) I'd appreciate any expert advice...I figure a router connected to the internet with the respective DP2000 and HogIII and just...um, er....
Parents
  • You are now talking about advanced network topics. This is not a typical lighting arrangement because you will need to learn how to route multicast UDP messages through the internet. You would need to create a VPN to make it happen and we have not setup a similar environment.

There is no quick answer for your question. Our product is designed for use under a LAN not a WAN.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it is beyond what anyone else has asked for up to this point.

Now if you have an wireless access point, it probably has hard-wire links as well. I would set it up as the DHCP server and configure it appropriately, then plug the console/laptop into the access point along with the DPs, you would have the basic setup that includes wireless access.

So, basically it will not be 'findable' on the web.

Regards, Donald
  • You are now talking about advanced network topics. This is not a typical lighting arrangement because you will need to learn how to route multicast UDP messages through the internet. You would need to create a VPN to make it happen and we have not setup a similar environment.

There is no quick answer for your question. Our product is designed for use under a LAN not a WAN.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it is beyond what anyone else has asked for up to this point.

Now if you have an wireless access point, it probably has hard-wire links as well. I would set it up as the DHCP server and configure it appropriately, then plug the console/laptop into the access point along with the DPs, you would have the basic setup that includes wireless access.

So, basically it will not be 'findable' on the web.

Regards, Donald
Children
No Data
Related