Phoning it in! HogIII control via internet!

How do I control the now totally networkable HogIII family via the ethernet? My grasp of networking is fair, so I'd like to know what the setup would be for this (i.e. where do I look up the IP addresses of the hardware and how to make the settings so I can be on one stage with an internet connection and a laptop and control another show.) Not too complicated, it would seem, but as a relative noob when it comes to that (the curse of the everything happens like magic Macuser) I'd appreciate any expert advice...I figure a router connected to the internet with the respective DP2000 and HogIII and just...um, er....
Parents
  • If you want to control two completely different venues via the internet then I would second Donald's VPN suggestion. Once you have a VPN setup you could run remote desktop or VNC on a PC running Hog 3PC inside the VPN network that way you wouldn't need to try to forward the multicast data accross the VPN tunnel. You could control your show remotely but from a PC inside the same network so you wouldn't run into network latency issues by trying to forward all of your show data accross a slow VPN tunnel. It sounds a bit strange since you would not be able to see the actual show.
  • If you want to control two completely different venues via the internet then I would second Donald's VPN suggestion. Once you have a VPN setup you could run remote desktop or VNC on a PC running Hog 3PC inside the VPN network that way you wouldn't need to try to forward the multicast data accross the VPN tunnel. You could control your show remotely but from a PC inside the same network so you wouldn't run into network latency issues by trying to forward all of your show data accross a slow VPN tunnel. It sounds a bit strange since you would not be able to see the actual show.
Children
No Data
Related