Cloning Syntax

Hi All,
I have a general question about cloning, specifically within a cue that is open for edit.
Here is the scenario:
I would like to clone a group of wash lights in a cue (VL5a's) with IPCB info to a set of wash lights that are not contained in the cue (VL2500 WASH).
I type "Cue # Open" Then Select the VL5s with "Group 51 Copy Group 121"
In my minds eye this should clone the info of the VL5s to the VL2500, alas it tries to copy group 51 to group 121 in the group directory and claims that group 51 already exists. It then asks me what I'd like to do, replace, merge etc. (as it should if I accidentally tried to copy the groups over each other)
The only way I have been successful in cloning is by typing the actual unit #'s (In this case "51-62 copy 121-130") This takes me a long(er) time... Am I missing something?
Perhaps a suitable feature would be to transfer the function of a directory copy when the editor is open via a cue editor other than the programmer.
I did try using the LIVE Palette to get the selection, but being able to select via my groups, and their selection order, is much better for me! The live feature also does not help me clone in my setup (some say mark) cues where most fixtures have a 0% intensity..
Thoughts?
Tips?
Robb Jibson
Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related